Solved

Accessing the trains

• 20 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
  • Keeps calm and carries on
  • 10 replies

Currently in Amsterdam and about to use my pass for the first time. I noticed at the station you need a ticket to scan at the turnstiles to access the platforms. Is this where I scan the QR for that day in my pass? Also I need to buy a supplement, can I do that on the train??

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 20 April 2023, 08:11

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Your QR-code might work at gates, otherwise ask staff and they'll open the gates for you :)

For which route do you need a supplement ? If it is the IC to Brussels there is no surcharge. The app is wrong about that

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The QR code should work for the gates. I've used it many times. Only gates with a scanner will work and these have a glass plate. In Amsterdam Centraal station, all gates should have a scanner, but that is not necessarily so at all Dutch stations.

If you're still seeing warnings about a required supplement, then please update your app.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you! The supplement is coming up for the IC Rotterdam to Antwerp leg. The app is on automatic updates so I can see it updated last week. 

Also the original journey I had for Amsterdam to Bruges saved in My Trip is now not showing in the planner. Does this mean it’s no longer available?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The planner isn't exactly reliable. Use bahn.de to see if your train runs

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you have an iPhone, then you're indeed still on version 30.2.0; I supposed it's waiting to be released or something. Android version 30.3.0 was released a few days ago and the supplement has disappeared again there.