Solved

Accidentally used my inbound ticket. Can I buy one?

• 23 July 2022
  • 7 replies

Hey, I am travelling now, and I somehow used my inbound ticket too, but I did not cross my homecountry’s boarder twice.

So now I’ll stuck in Wien and can’t get back to Hungary!

In this situation what should I do to avoid any additional fees?

Thanks for your help.

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 23 July 2022, 15:06

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can use Interrail to the Hungarian border and then you need to buy a normal ticket for the rest of your trip. It might not be possible to get the ticket from the border point. In that case you need to get a ticket from the last station before the Hungarian border.

Thats what i am trying to avoid! But thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Did you break the trip in HU when going out? One is allowed 2 days IN homecountry. Or can you explain why these 2 days have been used? Maybe forget to cancel an old plan?
Cheapest way to home is use pass till Sopron-as from there you can use normal (for us low) MAV fares, and Sopron is Austrian tariff point, though it may still give probs with app.

OR: see (but its hi-season summer) check if there may be a lower Sparpreis/Vorteilspreis Wien-Bp. Check also via mav-start, they sometimes have lower fares.

Next best, if above will not work; FLIXbus or Regiojet-train (2/day)

OR=detour_use pass also via SK=Slovakia via Bratislava till STUROVO=last border stop In there, then BUS to Esztergom and MAV or Volan. The normal route via Vac/Szob is still blocked-but there may be Volan-replace buses (check yourself, if there is info, its likely only in magyar)

I assume you live in near/Bp, if that is very far from there, it may be different

Yeah I added a journey that would arrive to budapest today but the train needed a reservation and i could not buy it at the station so i had to change the plans but i cant cancel the inbound ticket and now I cant make it to budapest today!

So is there any possibility that they can give me back the inbound ticket? Or can i buy 1 inbound ticket and add it to my pass because i still have a travelling day?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You shouldn't have added the journey to your pass today until you knew that you were going to board the train. This is an advice that the experienced travellers in the group keep repeating. 

You can't buy an inbound ticket.

I doubt that Customer Support will give you an extra inbound travel day, but you can make a request. Please use the form below to contact them. It is important that you write your pass number and that you are currently travelling.

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

Thank you for your help! I’ll try it.

Thank you for your help! I’ll try it.

Hi @Ákos Molnár  did costumer service help you? Im experiencing a similar problem and would like to know how it went for you !