Solved

Activating Mobile Interrail Pass (Step 3) requests a password, but what password?

• 1 July 2021
  • 4 replies

I have the same issue as Pia with Step 3 of the Activation process! What was the solution for Pia?

I note that my ID/ Passport details are not visible in my Order Overview, which is probably the reason why all my password attempts are being rejected when I try to enter my passport number.

URGENT: I need a quick solution as I need to activate my Pass on 5 July

Remarks

1. I do not recall ever having created a password for using the app, only a password for My Interrail Account, so it seems strange to ask the user to enter a password that was never created!
  2. There does not seem to be a place in My Interrail Account to add/change a password, or what the current password is. This is not user-friendly.
icon

Best answer by Peter 2 July 2021, 01:08

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Nanja  sorry i cant help here so it´s your turn.

@Peter Sorry to hear that. Did you try it with your My Interrailaccount password?

I eventually found the solution!

1. At Step 3 Activate Pass, enter the code you use to UNLOCK your mobile. (Yes, it is that simple, but not stated anywhere obvious or logical!).

This opens up Step 4:

2. Enter number of your passport or ID card.

3. Enter first day of travel (you can change this later).

Let me know if this works for you.

I have the same issue as Pia with Step 3 of the Activation process! What was the solution for Pia?

I note that my ID/ Passport details are not visible in my Order Overview, which is probably the reason why all my password attempts are being rejected when I try to enter my passport number.

URGENT: I need a quick solution as I need to activate my Pass on 5 July

Remarks

1. I do not recall ever having created a password for using the app, only a password for My Interrail Account, so it seems strange to ask the user to enter a password that was never created!
  2. There does not seem to be a place in My Interrail Account to add/change a password, or what the current password is. This is not user-friendly.

The solution

1. At Step 3 Activate Pass, enter the code you use to UNLOCK your mobile. (Yes, it is that simple, but not stated anywhere obvious or logical!).

This opens up Step 4:

2. Enter number of your passport or ID card.

3. Enter first day of travel (you can change this later).

Let me know if this works for you.

Thank you so-so much!!! It is indeed not obvious