Adding travelers to my trip in the interrail.eu website

I recently bought 8 passes in 2 separate orders and I have 2 trips in my account in the interrail.eu website (that were created automatically). (I am NOT using the Rail Planner app)

What I want is to merge those 2 trips into 1 so that I can have all 8 travelers in one trip.

I tried to do that by adding travelers to one of the trips, but I always get the error “Your Pass cover number doesn't look right”. I have tried there the pass cover number I see on the back of my pass cover, which starts “I” followed by 8 digits. I also tried the order number that starts with “IN”. Both have failed with the same error.

My question is: How can I add all the travelers to 1 trip in your website?

Can it be that 1 traveler can only be in one trip? For solving this I tried deleting one of the trips but the website does not let me do that :(

Can someone help me achieve what I need? Thank you in advance.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Are you using paper passes or mobile passes?

Are you using paper passes or mobile passes?

Paper passes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you travel with paper passes, then you need to fill in each journey in your Trip on the paper that you got together with the paper pass. Every traveller need to have their on "Trip".

If you travel with paper passes, then you need to fill in each journey in your Trip on the paper that you got together with the paper pass. Every traveller need to have their on "Trip".

Hi @AnnaB, thank you for your time. Unfortunately your answer is completely unrelated to my question.

I want to setup a trip in the interrail.eu website with all the travelers in order to book reservations for everyone in one go. Everyone has paper passes. Right now I have 2 trips because I bought the passes in 2 orders. Those trips were created automatically and I am not able to delete them, neither add travelers from one trip to the other.

I hope I explained better now what I want to achieve. It is in the interrail.eu website and I have paper passes.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ok. Then I can't answer your question.

The Eurail website is however not the best place for most reservations and as there are 8 of you Eurail will charge 8×2 = 16 EUR booking fee for every train you make reservations for. If you make reservations directly with the railway companies there is usually no booking fee at all.

Making reservation for 8 persons might be tricky though as several railway companies have a maximum of 5 persons that can be booked together online.

If you write what routes you plan to travel you will get advice where you best make the reservations. 

Ok. Then I can't answer your question.

The Eurail website is however not the best place for most reservations and as there are 8 of you Eurail will charge 8×2 = 16 EUR booking fee for every train you make reservations for. If you make reservations directly with the railway companies there is usually no booking fee at all.

Yes, I know that. The problem is that many trains are not eligible for booking online. At least last year it was so :( I need TGV from SCNF (France) and AVE from Renfe (Spain). Hopefully things have improved since last summer. I will investigate.

Making reservation for 8 persons might be tricky though as several railway companies have a maximum of 5 persons that can be booked together online.

That’s good to know thanks. We are 4 adults and 4 children, hopefully it is easier as the children cannot book trips without an adult. I will need to investigate that as well.

Thank you for your time @AnnaB .

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The Spanish trains can't be booked by the Eurail website or online anywhere else. Here's a link with information about possible ways to make reservations with RENFE.

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105/index2.html?postid=18419#post18419

The Spanish trains can't be booked by the Eurail website or online anywhere else. Here's a link with information about possible ways to make reservations with RENFE.

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105/index2.html?postid=18419#post18419

Yes I know :( it is a shame. I was hoping this year it would be better :(

Thanks for the link.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Reservatins for domestic French trains can be made online through b-europe.

For reservations on international TGVs you best call SNCF on  00 33 1 84 94 3635 Press #85 for English, no booking fees, reservations are sent via e-mail.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

https://travel.b-europe.com/Eurail-GE/en/booking-tgv#TravelWish

Here you can make reservations for domestic French trains for a maximum of 9 persons. The booking fee is 4 EUR per booking, no matter hw many persons or trains.

When making reservations there is no difference between adults and children.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for the link.

Maybe you can try to call DB and see if they can send you the reservations by ordinary mail? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for the link.

Maybe you can try to call DB and see if they can send you the reservations by ordinary mail? 

Or pick them up from a DB ticket machine if you pass through Germany?