Solved

After activating my pass, do i just show him my interrail pass and reservation pdf?

Userlevel 1
Badge
  • Full steam ahead
  • 16 replies

Hey all, just did a bologna - munich

munich - bologna reservation for 6 euros total through ÖBB

After getting my reservation on email, 

• I went on Interrail app
  • Went to My Trip
  • Added return to my trip

My question is, is this all I have to do? After activating my pass, do i just show him my interrail pass and reservation pdf?

Because on the journey, it still says “seat reservations required” so decided to ask is this all I have to do after booking seats and wondering if there is a guide for this. Thanks in advance

icon

Best answer by seewulf 5 June 2022, 13:11

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Normally this is all you need. But on the trains Munich-Innsbruck-Italy you only have optional reservation (but we reccomend it because trains can get full). You have to pay 10€ fee to use this train in Italy. You can pay it on board of the train, at ÖBB, DB or Trenitalia ticket offices (last two give you free reservation for this train) or online via ÖBB with the One Way Ticket option and use at 1x adult the discount Interrail.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Normally this is all you need. But on the trains Munich-Innsbruck-Italy you only have optional reservation (but we reccomend it because trains can get full). You have to pay 10€ fee to use this train in Italy. You can pay it on board of the train, at ÖBB, DB or Trenitalia ticket offices (last two give you free reservation for this train) or online via ÖBB with the One Way Ticket option and use at 1x adult the discount Interrail.

@Angelo  just one warning Italian ticket staff started to charge a onboard surcharge if you wanna pay the the 10€/15€ supplement on the trains :/ There is a small warning on the website of ÖBB Italia :/ https://www.obb-italia.com/angebote/interrail-eurail.html?fbclid=IwAR1NlSQrGAKtKZllF2grq0c0z51-U1YB4HFZGKvXBGF8yPUpytJX-93DRow

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@seewulf Thanks for the warning! Good to know.

Userlevel 1
Badge

In addition to the 3 Euros I paid at ÖBB, I must pay 10 euros fee on board as well?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

In addition to the 3 Euros I paid at ÖBB, I must pay 10 euros fee on board as well?

Yes 10€ in 2nd class or 15€ in 1st class :/
You can pay it online at oebb.at or at a austrian ticket office. It´s possible onboard aswell but ÖBB warns that onboard you maybe have to pay a service surcharge for buying it onboard.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yes 10€ in 2nd class or 15€ in 1st class :/
You can pay it online at oebb.at or at a austrian ticket office. It´s possible onboard aswell but ÖBB warns that onboard you maybe have to pay a service surcharge for buying it onboard.

You’re a life saver for sure!!

Just did that as well. thank you