Solved

Am I eligible for Interrail

• 25 June 2021
  • 3 replies

I have an resident permit / Aufenthaltstitel in Germany, am I eligible to use Interrail? I saw on the condition that I have to be a permanent resident of EU to use Interrail but in another condition it only says ‘resident of EU’. Can I use the Aufenthaltstitel as my proof of residence?

icon

Best answer by Nanja 27 June 2021, 12:48

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

It should be okey to use Interrail as the “Elektonischer Aufenthaltstitel” proof´s that you are living in Germany but the best is to get in contact with the Support to clarify everything and how to buy your pass. Interrail have nothing to do with EuropeanUnion as for example Travellers from Russia,Marocco,Serbia,Montenegro or United Kingdom can buy Interrailpasses even if they are not in the EuropeanUnion.

In case of Russia and Marocco the fun fact is  travelers from there can buy and use Interrail but the Railway Companies there are not in the Railpassnetwork of Interrail.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi, 

It used to be allowed for customers with dual citizenship or residency to choose whichever country they wanted, based on travel plans as long as they had an official document that can prove the residency or citizenship. However, this has now changed as following.

• E-residency documents are not valid proof
  • In case the country of residence is different from the country indicated in the passport/legal equivalent, the country of residence prevails. (e.g. if a Swiss citizen with a Swiss passport is currently living in France, he/she should choose 'France' as the country of residence when ordering the Pass)

There might be some cases that fall into the grey zone. If you have doubts on your particular situation, please contact our Customer Support Team via customerservice@eurail.com or any of the other contact options listed here: https://www.interrail.eu/en/support

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It used to be allowed for customers with dual citizenship or residency to choose whichever country they wanted, based on travel plans as long as they had an official document that can prove the residency or citizenship. However, this has now changed as following.

• E-residency documents are not valid proof

Interesting, however, I don't see this condition mentioned in the booking conditions, so I wonder where this is mentioned. Using Google, it seems that e-residency is currently only issued by Estonia.