Ambiguous reservation system

Badge
  • Keeps calm and carries on
  • 18 replies

I don't know if member's are aware, that if you book Amsterdam to London. Eurail have no direct trains, but you have to book 2 separate trains, one from Amsterdam to Brussels either IC or Thalys, change in Brussels and go through security, before boarding Eurostar.

I got caught out by the website and finished up with a Brussels to London ticket. I have to now book at extra cost Amsterdam to Brussels with all the hassle of security in Brussels, and making sure my train arrives early enough. But I can't do this until 90 days before.

I have tried to cancel or reschedule my trip through both Eurail and Eurostar to no avail, they just don't want to know.

I reckon they take your money then abandon you.

Be careful with booking on the Eurail website.

27 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@Camilo. Version 30.2.0 still contains this supplement, which is confusing for many people. When will it be removed?

Hi @rvdborgt,

There's a new update from our Product team. The problem of the supplement info is that it's not possible to exclude the supplement for international journeys only. So, to keep it for domestic journeys.

Basically, NS needs to update this info into Merits and our team already asked them to. Until before the update is delivered by NS, the information about supplement will still show as it is.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There's a new update from our Product team. The problem of the supplement info is that it's not possible to exclude the supplement for international journeys only. So, to keep it for domestic journeys.

Basically, NS needs to update this info into Merits and our team already asked them to. Until before the update is delivered by NS, the information about supplement will still show as it is.

Thanks for the update. It also seems that NS are not very organised internally because it depends on who you ask whether there's a supplement. The basic rule though is that you don't need a supplement with an international ticket and Interrail/Eurail is an international ticket.