Solved

Amsterdam to Brussels to Paris

• 28 April 2023
  • 7 replies

What is the best way to travel with these destinations: 

• Amsterdam to Madurodam Park in Hague (back in a day) 
  • Amsterdam to Brussels 
  • Brussels to Ghent and back to Brussels again 
  • Brussels to Paris 
icon

Best answer by thibcabe 28 April 2023, 21:58

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Everything is available online I mean… use bahn.de or those links for planning and then those websites to buy tickets

Thank you. I got a little overwhelmed with all the info I was reading online. I was also wondering if it will be wise to get one pass for the whole trip or book regular train ticket 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Is that your whole trip ?

If that’s your entire trip buy regular tickets 100%. Thalys trains have a 27€ seat reservation on top of the pass and it can easily be sold out a few weeks in advance. Not worth the hassle (and you won’t save money).

Book Brussels - Paris well in advance if you want cheap fares. All other ones can wait and cannot sell out

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Book Brussels - Paris well in advance if you want cheap fares. All other ones can wait and cannot sell out

Amsterdam-Brussels has cheaper fares on the intercity trains if you book at least 1 week in advance.

Yeah. Basically, it’s like this 

• Amsterdam to the Hague and then back to Amsterdam
  • Amsterdam to Efteling Park 
  • Efteling Park to Brussels 
  • Brussels to Ghent and back to Brussels 
  • Brussels to Paris (while in Paris, trips to Versailles, Giverny, then Disneyland) 
Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yeah then a pass won’t be worth it for sure

• Amsterdam - The Hague 2 direct trains per hour (52 min)

Here is some info about Efteling : https://www.efteling.com/en/contact-route/public-transport

• Amsterdam - s’-Hertogenbosch 4 direct trains per hour (55 min)
  • bus to and from Efteling
  • s’Hertogenbosch - Breda - Brussels hourly connection (2h)
  • Brussels - Ghent 4 trains per hour (28 min)
  • Brussels - Paris 1-2 trains per hour (1h22 at 300 km/h)

Oh my! Thank you so much for this. You saved me from wasting so much money 😅 Thank you so much.