Solved

App Glitch-- changed dates by 1 digit for multiple travelers

I activated passes for 5 travelers today and noticed that several dates were changed by one digit.  I need to book reservations (limited routes) and cannot do so until this is corrected--but I am unable to reach customer service

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 1 June 2022, 09:38

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Did you fill out this form? Did birth dates change? What happens if you cancel the activation? (You can do that by going to My Pass and cancelling the first travel day.) You don't need to activate the pass to book reservations by the way.

You can still book reservations, since they are separate from the pass and don't have birth dates on them. Except for Italian reservations made through Eurail, but these are cheaper via ÖBB anyway (use these steps).

Yes, I filled out the form and also attempted to reach someone using the chat feature.  My concern is that reservations are nonrefundable--and I am not sure if they will be able to correct this issue with the dates.  If they cannot, I will need to cancel and rebook another way.  I am concerned that the birthdate will cause an issue when traveling across borders. 

I wish that I had not activated already….I was walking through the app directions step by step and put in the date of travel, thinking they would activate that day.  Would there be a reason to deactivate now?  I apologize if these questions are basic.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I basically don't activate a pass until a few days before the start date, when I'm sure I'm going to use the pass. But if you're sure, you can leave it like that and wait for support.

You shouldn't worry about reservations. They will remain valid.