Solved

Back and forth Paris Copenhagen

• 14 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello, 

I want to do a single back and return travel from Paris to Copenhagen in train but I do not know whether this is possible with Interrail Pass ticket? Do I have to pay extra for trains demanding to reserve in advance?

Best regards,

Tristan

icon

Best answer by BrendanDB 14 February 2023, 14:37

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

You should search for regular tickets from train operators for the dates of travel you want first, then if you wish you can compare that with interrail passes and reservation fees.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

If you decide to go for a pass, it’s possible to do it without reservation fees. Mainly by taking more regional trains in France and to cross the German-Danish border, although you’ll spend more time needing an extra hotel night, negating the reservation cost you save.

The route would probably look like this

Paris-Maubeuge-Charleroi-Brussels-Cologne-Hamburg-(Flensburg)-(Fredericia)-Copenhagen.

Or this

Paris-Amiens-Lille-Mouscron/Gent-Brussels-Cologne-Hamburg-(Flensburg)-(Fredericia)-Copenhagen.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes, oui, you have to pay extra IF you do a RES-and in many trains you need to use on this route it is mandatory=obligatoire. IF you do it as a headless chicken=using this Thalys, then it will cost a lot, if you do more smart, then it will be much lower.

With a pass-the cheapest is for 4 traveldays, you can use MAX 2  days ALSO in your own country=SNCF in FR. THis is NOT an extra on top of it. With a very early start and luck with the connections you might be able to ride en train P->Cph in 1 day, or also use the overnight train des Hambourg to Cph=arr next morning.