Solved

Basel Bad count as outbound for Swiss resident?

I am a resident of Switzerland and have a question about the global 33 days pass. One outbound and one inbound journey from my country of residence is possible if I understood correctely. My question regard the train Station "Basel Bad Bf" which is right at the border and run by Deutsche Bahn. Does a journey from Basel Bad Bf count as an outbound journey for me or not because it is a German station?

icon

Best answer by MartinM 11 May 2022, 13:58

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I am a resident of Switzerland and have a question about the global 33 days pass. One outbound and one inbound journey from my country of residence is possible if I understood correctely. My question regard the train Station "Basel Bad Bf" which is right at the border and run by Deutsche Bahn. Does a journey from Basel Bad Bf count as an outbound journey for me or not because it is a German station?

It is no outbound journey as the station is on German territory ;-)
So if your start your trip from Basel Bad Bf you can do it as many times as you want. If you start from Basel SBB it would count as outbound trip! (but you could use a GA or single ticket to get to Basel Bad Bf and use your interrail just from Basel Bad in that case)

Thank you so much! :))

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thank you so much! :))

You are welcome. Just one thing: if you use the mobile pass, then choose the “Basel Bad  Bf (Germany)”. There is also a Swiss one and then it would count as outbound trip!