Solved

Benefits for the Ruthensteiner hostel in Vienna can't seem to be available?

• 4 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi everyone, I am starting to plan my interrail trip and I saw that the pass offers some benefits for hostel reservations, such a 10% disocunt at the Ruthensteiner hostel in Vienna if the reservation is made through famoushostels.com. However, the Ruthensteiner hostel is not part of this website’s offers so I dont ‘understand how I am supposed to get this offer.

Thanks in advance 

icon

Best answer by mcadv 4 September 2022, 18:05

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Forget it-most of these are from years ago and never updated. Wien has scores of hoStels-but many had to close down during covid. On well-known general sites like hoStelworld or even booking.com you can find lots, compare and I bet there is even one that offers lower prices as this one. There also used to be some10-12 different site like hostelworld/famous etc but do know that at least half are just all from the same comp and owned by booking.com. Many of these have also gone belly-up during the pandemic.

I would like to add my personal rec; Meininger and AO-hostels are combi of both hotel and hoStel (=multibed) with all amenities that most hoStels also have-book them via their own site. I think both also offer discount, use code eurail-or it may even be somewhere on their site hidden. These are always pretty close to stations and are part of larger chains -mostly in Germany, but also other well-visited cities.

In case you really have your mind set on that Rutens: mail them or call and state this and ask for it.

Forget it-most of these are from years ago and never updated. Wien has scores of hoStels-but many had to close down during covid. On well-known general sites like hoStelworld or even booking.com you can find lots, compare and I bet there is even one that offers lower prices as this one. There also used to be some10-12 different site like hostelworld/famous etc but do know that at least half are just all from the same comp and owned by booking.com. Many of these have also gone belly-up during the pandemic.

I would like to add my personal rec; Meininger and AO-hostels are combi of both hotel and hoStel (=multibed) with all amenities that most hoStels also have-book them via their own site. I think both also offer discount, use code eurail-or it may even be somewhere on their site hidden. These are always pretty close to stations and are part of larger chains -mostly in Germany, but also other well-visited cities.

In case you really have your mind set on that Rutens: mail them or call and state this and ask for it.

Ah ok I understand, I will check those locations you recommend as well, thank you