Solved

bernina express

• 12 December 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi so I reserved seats for the bernina express in the summer , I paid €75 to reserve 2 seats,  i put interail pass into the reductions box , is this the correct price I paid ? even tho we have interail passes and the price didn't seem to reduce when i selected interail in reductions.  Also do I need to do anything else only turn up on the day and present my reservation printout and interail pass ? 

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 12 December 2023, 19:08

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes this is the correct price for the panorama carriages : 36 CHF per person + Interrail fees. It increased from last year at 25 CHF :(

You need to log the train before boarding like usual and then show both the app and the reservation.

There are reservation-free carriages at the front : no panorama windows but less crowded and pull-down windows.

Thanks for the reply,  when you say log do you mean enter it into my interail planner before travelling ? 

Also this is the only journey on my route that I think needed booking well in advance,  so for the the other train journeys how far in advance should I reserve those ? And are there train journeys I won't need to reserve? 

Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

so for the the other train journeys how far in advance should I reserve those ? And are there train journeys I won't need to reserve?

Within Switzerland, no reservations are needed.

Night trains, Eurostar and international TGVs should be booked as soon as you know your travel date. For the rest: it depends. If you mention toute, date and departure time, people may be able to give some indications.

so for the the other train journeys how far in advance should I reserve those ? And are there train journeys I won't need to reserve?

Within Switzerland, no reservations are needed.

Night trains, Eurostar and international TGVs should be booked as soon as you know your travel date. For the rest: it depends. If you mention toute, date and departure time, people may be able to give some indications.

Thanks we are travelling in July not certain of times yet but all journeys will be by day .

So from basel to chur I won't need a reservation ? 

My next train journey will be from Tirano to Lake garda ?

Lake garda to Venice ?

Venice to Ljubljana ?

Ljubljana to Budapest? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks we are travelling in July not certain of times yet but all journeys will be by day .

Correct. Reservations in Switzerland are not a thing. You can reserve some trains but almost nobody does it and it's basically wasted money.

Lake garda to Venice ?

Venice to Ljubljana ?

Ljubljana to Budapest? 

Lake Garda is not a station. There are several towns along that lake, so you should check where you want to go.

But it should be no problem to book your reservations a few weeks in advance. Also, regional trains in Italy, such as Tirano to Milan, don't have reservations. Just board and find a seat.

Trains in Italy (Frecce + Intercity) can be booked on tickets.oebb.at (no booking fees). Same for Ljubljana to Budapest.

Correct. Reservations in Switzerland are not a thing. You can reserve some trains but almost nobody does it and it's basically wasted money.

Lake garda to Venice ?

Venice to Ljubljana ?

Ljubljana to Budapest? 

Lake Garda is not a station. There are several towns along that lake, so you should check where you want to go.

But it should be no problem to book your reservations a few weeks in advance. Also, regional trains in Italy, such as Tirano to Milan, don't have reservations. Just board and find a seat.

Trains in Italy (Frecce + Intercity) can be booked on tickets.oebb.at (no booking fees). Same for Ljubljana to Budapest.

Great thanks for that 👍