Solved

Booking TGV in July: Seat reservation information isn't available right now

I’m trying to book a TGV from Zurich on the 18th of July, but am coming across this error

It only seems to be for this train, all the earlier ones work ok and offer a reservation fee to be selected. This service actually goes all the way to Paris which is where I’m trying to get to, but it doesn’t show that route even as a ‘sold out’ option - just sends me via Strasbourg (the first leg shown in the screenshot above).

What does “Seat reservation information isn't available right now” mean, and if it doesn’t mean ‘sold out’, how can I book a reservation for it?

Thanks for the help! :-)

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 14 May 2022, 21:49

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

This train will not continue to Paris, according to SBB:

sbb.ch advise to take the 17:10 IR if you're departing from Zürich HB. You should be able to book the TGV from Basel. It's quite expensive though; you can save 25€ by going to Mulhouse by regional train and taking a TGV from there.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You never need a reservation for travels within in Switzerland unless you are travelling on one of the scenic tourist trains. The trains run very frequently.

sbb.ch advise to take the 17:10 IR if you're departing from Zürich HB. You should be able to book the TGV from Basel. It's quite expensive though; you can save 25€ by going to Mulhouse by regional train and taking a TGV from there.

The problem is I would be arriving at Zurich at 17:20, otherwise the 17:10 would be perfect. It looks like I might have to stay the night at get a TGV the next morning then, unless there are any connections to Paris not using the 17:34

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The problem is I would be arriving at Zurich at 17:20, otherwise the 17:10 would be perfect. It looks like I might have to stay the night at get a TGV the next morning then, unless there are any connections to Paris not using the 17:34

There don't seem to be any later connections on a Monday evening.

If you're staying the night somewhere, you could continue to Mulhouse (hotels are cheaper in France than in Switzerland) and take a TGV from there the next morning; I see still some TGVs to Paris for 10€ in the morning of 19 July.