Solved

Brussels Midi to Cologne - Day Trip Oct 13, 2023

• 13 October 2023
  • 4 replies

• Keeps calm and carries on
  • 10 replies

Two of us are taking a day trip on our first class Eurail passes today, Oct. 13, 2023 from Ghent to Cologne.  The segment from Brussels Zuid (Midi) to Cologne is showing as “seat reservations not required” and the Eurail site is showing that I can reserve seats for a fee.   I went to OBB and tried to reserve seats, but it is showing that no seats are available for reservation on the 10:25 train to Cologne. We need to come back on the Cologne to Midi train at 17:51 and I haven’t checked yet for seat reservations on OBB, but would like to make them I can.  If OBB is saying I can’t reserve seats, does that mean seats are full or does that mean that they just do not handle the reservation?    Thank you. 

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 13 October 2023, 08:18

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Reservations are available for the 10.25 train both at ÖBB and at DB. 

Thank you, I was able to reserve the return but I still can’t get OBB to make the 10:25.  We will take our chances on the journey to Cologne and at least we know we can come back with our seat reservations.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thank you, I was able to reserve the return but I still can’t get OBB to make the 10:25.  We will take our chances on the journey to Cologne and at least we know we can come back with our seat reservations.

Are you selecting "seat only" at ÖBB? As my screenshot shows I could make a reservation for at least one person at the 10.25 train.

Good luck with your travel.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

You don’t really need seat reservation for this connection. In Brussels-Midi there are usually plenty of free seats.

Head to carriage 22 to find the most free places (they fill that one up the last).