Skip to main content

Hi,
there is no such thing as interrail global pass to travel on a german bus, i read something like that somewhere on the net but i'm not sure what kind of buses i can travel on in germany??

becuse this has: 

Bus 21

REX 1

799m

To:Lindau-Insel →                                                          Determine price   → interrail/eurrail pass use this time with this bus  on deutschebahn app

best regrads,

Christine

It’s just on the DB app because it does have all public transport in Germany. That doesn’t mean your railpass is valid. It isn’t. A ticket for the bus is 8,20 €.

Until 2020, DB had an IC bus service that has been included; maybe you did read about that one. The only bus service in Germany that is included right now is when it is a rail replacement bus service (in german “Schienenersatzverkehr”). But no “normal” public bus service.

One thing that really is misleading: Every time the DB app can’t get a price it is recommending anything else (even if it doesn’t make any sense), here an Interrail pass (or a Deutschland-Ticket for 49 € just for the bus part). But unfortunately in your case your railpass is just valid for the train part of the trip.