Solved

Can a Greek citizen buy and use a Greek island pass?

Hello, can a Greek citizen buy and use a Greek island pass? 

icon

Best answer by Claudi. 11 August 2022, 14:01

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Look, think, elliniko.

Questions about this pass keep on coming-and none of the regulars has ever used it and we learn only from the very rare reviews that some one bothers to send back.

Would not it be much easier as you speekee the greekee to call the ferry that accepts it? And then give feedback

We know more about trains and tickets/passes. The 1country InterRail pass is striclty NOT for sale to those that live in that country. People who have bought it-unknowing or with purpose-have been faced with high fines and threats of legal persecution-so my reasoning is that you cannot. But all things in  life have exceptions.

I called them (blue star ferries), but they didn't know, they told me that I have to speak with the issue company and not with them.. I didn't find any answers.. and then I wrote here.. I bought my tickets now, directly from the ferry without the pass. But I want to know.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hello, thank you for your question! Just in case other travelers had the same question: you cannot purchase a One Country Pass for the country in which you live. This also extends to the Greek Island pass - hope that helps :)