Solved

can i activate my pass from USA?

• 21 November 2023
  • 8 replies

I live in USA .

Can i activate my 10 days flexi black friday promo 1st class global eurail pass before june 1st from USA or i have to be in europe physically to activate my pass?

Because my travel dates are 15 july to 25 july 2024 .

Can i activate this pass online from USA ?

icon

Best answer by Al_G 21 November 2023, 23:20

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Yes, geographical location makes no difference.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There is no need to activate the pass until just before boarding the first train of your travel. 

Actually i m buying a black friday promo 10 DAYS global eurail pass it says that you have to activate before 1st june 2024 but i am going to Europe in the mid of july.

Its expiery is 31st july 2024 because of promo rates some conditions apply.

But i will be in USA 🇺🇸  in june but i have to activate it remotely from USA. 

SO my question was this can i activate it without being physically present in europe.......from USA 🇺🇸? ......or i have to be present in europe train station to activate this pass?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I believe Al and Anna have answered your question : you will be able to activate your mobile pass on your phone from the USA.

Simply set a reminder.

Its says to start your trip from june 1st.

But my trip starts in july.

Its so confusing.....i dont wana loose money without using itt.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The validity period must start no later than 1 June and will then end on 31 July. You can then travel on any 10 days within that period.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Its so confusing.....i dont wana loose money without using itt.

You have to start the promo pass by 1 June, even if you won’t use it until July.

So you lose some of the validity of the pass. 

I’m guessing you will buy the ‘10 days in 2 months’ pass. If you start it on 1June, it will expire at the end of July.

If that suits you, everything’s ok. If not, you can buy a full price pass instead. I bet there will be a promotion in Spring 2024. Probably not a 25% discount though.