Solved

Can I do a separate other trip or how does it work with outbound/inbound trip?

• 31 July 2022
  • 6 replies

• Right on track
  • 4 replies

Hello fellow travelers,

Due to covid I started my journey a bit later then I had plannend. Because of that I can't use alle my travel days because I have to be back at home at the end of august because of work. That means that at the end of my trip I still have some travel days left (about 3 or 4 days). But my pass is valid till 18th of September. I thought I could do a weekendtrip for example to Paris because I have some spare travel days. Is that possible and how does it work with the outbound and inbound? Because I only have one left. 

Hope to hear from you soon!

icon

Best answer by MartinM 31 July 2022, 19:23

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

You will need a separate ticket until the border. If you live in the Netherlands, then you will need a ticket until the border station in Belgium. From there you can use your pass.

Badge +5

Where are you leaving from to go to Paris? What type of pass do you have? What is your country of residence?

@cdwatkins19 From the Hague, Netherlands( country of residence) and I have a interrail pas that is available for two months. 

@MartinM do you know if I can use those traveldays in the Netherlands, without passing the border?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@cdwatkins19 From the Hague, Netherlands( country of residence) and I have a interrail pas that is available for two months. 

@MartinM do you know if I can use those traveldays in the Netherlands, without passing the border?

You have 2 days you can use in your home country, once they are gone you can only use the remaining days in foreign lands, you will need to buy separate tickets to a border station.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Opgelet: hagenees. De Thalys-vooropgesteld dat je perse met dat ding wil (velen weten niet anders) en dat die dan weer rijdt-kan GEEN aparte tarieven bieden voor + traject NL erbij-je pas MOET global overal gelden. Dat heb ik niet uitgevonden, dat is zo-net als met die €*.

Dus dat betekent: als je verder geen NS-abo oid hebt (waarom niet alles meteen melden?) dat je het beste tot 1 week tevoren via NS-INternat. een voordeelticketje naar ANTwerpen -of evt BRU koopt-en retour- en indien nog steeds perse gewenst de Thalys vanaf daar. OF-met NMBS trein -Antwerp overstap-naar LIlle-dan TGV naar P vanaf daar=duurt wat langer, biedt wel meer stops als Gent etc.

Als je treintje rijden wel luek vindt: je kan bvb terug ook TGV naar LUXemburg nemen en vanaf daar terug-naar keus dan via Maastricht of Antwerp-Breda (BNL trein)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Dus dat betekent: als je verder geen NS-abo oid hebt (waarom niet alles meteen melden?) dat je het beste tot 1 week tevoren via NS-INternat. een voordeelticketje naar ANTwerpen -of evt BRU koopt-en retour-

@mcadv je vergat te vermelden: met de optie "Vrij reizen op traject in België”. Dat scheelt een slok op een borrel.