Solved

Can I print out the mobile pass (Global Pass)

• 25 April 2022
  • 6 replies

• Right on track
  • 3 replies

Hi all 

Is it possible to print out the mobile pass (i.e. to print out the QR code)? I understand that the old paper tickets are no longer an option but, for example, the British mobile passes can actually be printed out and then you just show the ticket inspector the QR code on the piece of paper. 

It will be for an elderly person of 85 (his last travel trip :-( ) who is not tech savvy at all and he is extremely panicked at the idea of having it all on mobile. 

I’d really appreciate any insight. Thanks so much!

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 25 April 2022, 16:18

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The Interrail/Eurail mobile passes cannot be printed out. It sounds like the paper pass would be a better option in this case.

Which "British mobile passes” do you mean here by the way? In any case, it sounds like a useful option.

Thank you for your reply @rvdborgt ! I was advised paper passes are discontinued completely. I’m in South Africa so perhaps in other countries they’re still available. 

Sorry, I meant the Britrail M-Pass (I’ve not used the Eurail mobile pass but I have used the Britrail one). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thank you for your reply @rvdborgt ! I was advised paper passes are discontinued completely. I’m in South Africa so perhaps in other countries they’re still available.

As far as I know, paper Eurail passes are available. You can select mobile or paper in the ordering process, in the first screen when you go to the checkout.

Thank you! That’s interesting - we were told nobody anywhere in the world is issuing paper passes anymore!

Our postal service is extremely poor - it will never get here in time for travel (if at all) from the USA, so we shall have to come up with another plan. 

Do you know if it’s possible to buy it in Europe (he is a South African resident). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Do you know if it’s possible to buy it in Europe (he is a South African resident). 

There are some possibilities to buy a Eurail pass in Europe. I know in Germany it is possible at some of the major stations; I'm not sure about other countries.

You could also consider having the pass sent to the first address in Europe. If that's a hotel, then you should contact it first to hear if that's possible and what the addressee should be, so that they don't refuse the delivery. As far as I know, passes are sent via registered mail, so somebody will have to sign for delivery.

Great idea to have it sent to the hotel! 

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions. :-) I really appreciate it. 

X