Solved

Can I return home (at own expense) and travel abroad again with 3month pass?

I live in UK and have bought a 3month global pass. I realise I only have one outbound and 1 inbound journey to UK. If I go abroad for 5weeks and return home, can I return abroad and carry on using my pass for the remainder of the 3months - as long as I pay my own fare to and from the border? Someone told me once I make my registered inbound trip, I cannot use the pass again.

icon

Best answer by MartinM 10 May 2022, 15:07

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I live in UK and have bought a 3month global pass. I realise I only have one outbound and 1 inbound journey to UK. If I go abroad for 5weeks and return home, can I return abroad and carry on using my pass for the remainder of the 3months - as long as I pay my own fare to and from the border? Someone told me once I make my registered inbound trip, I cannot use the pass again.

This someone is wrong. You have only one out- and one inbound trip.
But if you pay for the far to/from the border (meaning in case of Eurostar to buy a ticket to Brussels/Lille/Paris), then you can use the interrail pass again and again during those 3 months.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Just take a look: Pass-supplmt for €* : 30€

Lowest advacne price for single LON-Lille/BRU (Par mostly a little more): from 39€.

FLIX bus: from 20€ or maybe sometimes even lower=takes longer, less convenient, but can also do overnight. Or fly/swim/boat/whatever over the channel.

Thanks - that really helps with my planning!  Appreciated....