Solved

Can I return to my COR and then continue?

• 25 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello everyone,

Is it possible to travel on the weekends only? I have a global-interrail pass (1 month) but can only travel on the weekends. So could I technically not use my interrail pass (and the Deutschlandticket instead) to travel to the borders, and just say that I start from the neighbouring country? Or is any way of returning (even if its not saved in my pass) to my COR violating the terms of the pass? 

Or maybe I just pretend to stay at border station (outside of COR) and then “continue” my travel later, within the 1-month period?

Thank you!!

Anil

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 25 July 2023, 13:45

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

On 2 of your pass days you can travel in your country of residence. These can happen at anytime.

So it is totally possible to use the Deutschlandticket to the border and from there use a pass day.

I regularly do that with Swiss tickets. :)

On 2 of your pass days you can travel in your country of residence. These can happen at anytime.

So it is totally possible to use the Deutschlandticket to the border and from there use a pass day.

So it wouldn’t be a problem if in the pass says that you have started different trips to different locations from possibly the same border station, but all within the 1-month period?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

So it wouldn’t be a problem if in the pass says that you have started different trips to different locations from possibly the same border station, but all within the 1-month period?

That is not an issue.

There is no requirement to make a continuous journey for your entire pass.

As long as each individual train is valid you are free to use your pass in any order for any travel you please.