Solved

Can I travel on after my inbound journey?

• 8 September 2022
  • 6 replies

Hello everyone, 

I am facing a problem regarding my journey back to my hometown. I’ve chosen a night train, which arrives at 9:50 in the morning in Munich. For that journey the mobile global pass took one In/Outbound journey, which is absolutely fine. But after that I need to get from Munich to my hometown, which is far away in the north of Germany. When I try to active any more journeys on that day, I get the notification window, that I’ve have used all my In/Outbound journeys, but it is still a travel day for me or am I wrong? 
It would be so nice, if someone can help me with this problem. Wish you all a wonderful summer!

icon

Best answer by Al_G 8 September 2022, 15:49

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

TrVel days are only valid for journeys started before midnight. Subsequent journeys after a night train are therefore a new travel day.

This is a regular problem. In order to see if there is any way around this we need to know the specific route, date and time of your night train.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

You only have 2 days to travel in your home country, presumably you used the 1st when leaving, now you have 1 left and you are using this on the evening of the night train.

You have 2 options. Pay separately for the Munich - home section or change the journey to Germany to leave later so you only travel in Germany on the 1 day. As long as you schedule all of your travel in Germany after midnight you have the full 24 hours of that day to get home.

Thank you, for your response. In the Rail Planner App the train number is EN294. It starts at 18:55 in Roma Termini and arrives at 09:20 in Munich. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If your night train enters Germany before midnight, there is nothing you can do but buy a ticket from München to your home town.

If your night train enters Germany after midnight there is a work around to get your inbound travel day on the arrival day of the night train.

What night train are you travelling with? Route, departure time and arrival time?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thank you, for your response. In the Rail Planner App the train number is EN294. It starts at 18:55 in Roma Termini and arrives at 09:20 in Munich. 

That train crosses into Germany well after midnight so what you need to do is enter it as 2 separate trains into your pass, splitting at a stop after midnight 1 Rome to (for example) Salzburg and 2 Salzburg to Munich. You can still complete the trip without changing trains

That way it will set your inbound day as the second day and you can continue home from Munich with the pass.

Thank you all very much, it worked! :)