Solved

Can/should i change my Interrail pass for a Eurail pass?

• 31 March 2022
  • 5 replies

So I just bought an interrail pass for my wife and I. I am from the United States with a US Passport and my wife is from Argentina with an Argentinian passport. We currently live in Montenegro on tourist visas since our Residence has not been accepted yet. Will we have any problems using the interrail pass? Should we have bought a Eurorail pass? And if so, is there a way we can change it?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 31 March 2022, 15:36

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Sounds like Eurail would have been better. To change this, you could contact customer support to see what's possible.

On the other hand, Eurail and Interrail prices are the same and if you don't intend to use more than 2 travel days in your country of residence, then it doesn't make a difference.

Yeah we are not going to travel at all in Montenegro. My question is if in the other countries they will ask us for a residency card when we board the train? Because we do not have residency cards from Montenegro

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yeah we are not going to travel at all in Montenegro. My question is if in the other countries they will ask us for a residency card when we board the train? Because we do not have residency cards from Montenegro

That is very, very unlikely. I'd only expect that maybe when you're travelling in the land of your passport with an Interrail that indicates another country as your country of residence. And even then it's unlikely.

Sometimes, they will ask your passport, but then only to check if name and passport number match.

In addition, since Interrail has the same price and is a bit less advantageous than Eurail, you're not trying to avoid paying fares either.

Ok awesome good to know. Thank you so much!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

´THey´ will never ever ask when boarding train. IF it is asked (I had a 2-month pass last autumn and was done that 3 times in total) it is at the ticket control checks.

Untill 3 yrs ago EUrail was much more expensive and gave even less ´travel-rights´ as InterRail, but this has been coördinated then and made equal.