Solved

Can't add mobile pass to app ''details don't match''

• 12 August 2022
  • 1 reply

1. Cannot add mobile pass to app. Says details don’t match. Checked details over and over. Tried with and without spaces, special letters in my name, etc. None worked. Just freshly downloaded app on 1 day old new phone.

2. FAQ said: try activation link in confirmation mail. Opened the link on my mobile. It says: it seems you are on desktop. NO, stupid…

3. Tried chatbot.. just gives autoresponse mail.

How for goodness sake to come in contact to get this fixed?

Already busy struggling over a week to get the passes right.

1. First I had got a Global Pass 7 days paper pass. The website https://benefitsportal.eurail.com/benefits/attica-group-greece-italy-superfast-ferries-in-cooperation-with-anek-lines/ tells that Global Pass gives a ‘100% discount (free)’ on Italy to Greece ferries. However, when trying to book the ferry, the price appeared to be 72 euros one way, due to all kind of surcharges, taxes etc. Because I also will use Greece domestic ferries, it appeared to be cheaper to get the 6 days Greek islands island pass then. So I got that.
    Now the ferries were covered by that I needed a 4 or 5 days Global pass instead of 7 days. So I ordered that too, planning to return the 7 days pass. This time I took the mobile pass because time is running out till departure. But now I run into the mobile pass activation problem….
    And when I tried to contact the helpdesk before I also only got auto replies and no actual help.

Interrail is fantastic but these troubles are very frustrating… misleading info, not working IT. No wonder the auto-responders report they get more questions…

But how to get this fixed??? Any tips???

I dearly hope some customer service person reads this and answers..

I try to use the train instead of flying because of environment, but one really needs to be determined..

Not only troubles with the interrail IT..

1. OBB Nightjet reservation online ended in error. Needed to call them (OBB in Austria).. they admitted there was an error in their form (that is appreciated that they admit). The form stated there was still place (whilst it was sold out) and then crashed on payment.

2. And ANEK ferries site online form also crashed on last step (payment), saying ‘amount not correct’. Amount is 0 euro with Greece islands pass. Needed to call ANEK (Greece). After some trouble they sent me the tickets.

Traveling by train is great, but getting the tickets and reservations is a great challenge.. Busy for over a week already daily...

icon

Best answer by opgobee 12 August 2022, 03:49

View original

1 reply

Solved!! I had made a screenshot of my mobile. On the screenshot enlargement I saw that the special character added was a slightly different special character (an e with a small dash on it, not an accent aigu). I couldn't see this on the mobile phone. Corecting this solved it..