Solved

Can't add my mobile pass and add passengers to my account

Badge
  • Keeps calm and carries on
  • 48 replies

I have tried for hours not to add my mobile pass as well as add passengers to my account. Well, IT’S NOT WORKING. Your site does not “see” my pass and tells me the passengers don’t exist. I need to make reservations NOW

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 7 June 2022, 02:23

View original

40 replies

Badge

Number does not work. I got an error message. 

Badge

I’m filing a chargeback with PayPal. Let’s see if I get anywhere this way

Badge

So…..on the Belgian site, I can book IF I have a paper pass….which I do not have. On the French site, a pass cannot be added. Here on eurail, the site does not see my passenger OR pass number. Raileurope is pretty useless…..they had no issue taking my money and leaving me high and dry

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Number does not work. I got an error message. 

The office hours are 8.00-20.00 CET so I guess you called after office hours.

Badge

And that will happen because I’m on New York time. Because I have to be at work for 6 am, staying up all night is NOT an option. 
‘the phone number only gives me an error because it’s not a valid phone number when calling from the US

Badge

OMG……the thing is babbling in French !  I’m not knowing when to pick an option!!!  I’m done…..this is ridiculous. I need to speak to a real live person in ENGLISH. 

Badge

It keeps hanging up on me…..this really IS a scam

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

OMG……the thing is babbling in French !  I’m not knowing when to pick an option!!!  I’m done…..this is ridiculous. I need to speak to a real live person in ENGLISH. 

Press #85 for English. 4th time someone writes this.

Badge

Tried that. Got disconnected. 

Badge

And thank you anyway

Badge

More questions…..not sure anyone can help. 

im not sure how but after 3 full days I was finally able to get our passes on the eurail site. So now-we have mobile passes-but the confirmation email for seat reservations says it MUST be printed!  How does one do that if they’re not home with access to a printer?  Mom is on board the Queen Mary so she has no WiFi or phone service   She won’t have any until she disembarks on Sunday. 
Any suggestions or ideas?  Contacting eurail via email takes way too long as I’ve still not received a response to the email I sent last week…..

I cannot leave mom sitting at a rail station for days because she has no access to a printer…

im not understanding why the pass has to be mobile yet the seat reservation has to be paper….people do this stuff when they’re away

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

More questions…..not sure anyone can help. 

im not sure how but after 3 full days I was finally able to get our passes on the eurail site. So now-we have mobile passes-but the confirmation email for seat reservations says it MUST be printed!  How does one do that if they’re not home with access to a printer?  Mom is on board the Queen Mary so she has no WiFi or phone service   She won’t have any until she disembarks on Sunday. 
Any suggestions or ideas?  Contacting eurail via email takes way too long as I’ve still not received a response to the email I sent last week…..

I cannot leave mom sitting at a rail station for days because she has no access to a printer…

im not understanding why the pass has to be mobile yet the seat reservation has to be paper….people do this stuff when they’re away

Usually it´s okey to show the Reservations PDF on the phone :) If they have a QR Code

Because the railcompanies desides once more if a reservation have to b printed or not Eurail try to force them for a digital solution and this MobilePass is the first step for it.

If people are on the route and reserve they usually reserve at the train station and get their reservations directly from the ticket office. Most Hostels,Hotels have a printer worstcase you can still find “Copyshops”

Badge

Reserving at a train station doesn’t work for this…..I was told reservations need to be made at least 6 hours BEFORE the train. And for pass holders they should be done weeks in advance. None of which makes any sense simply because one has to activate the pass before purchasing a reservation. I purchased the pass last Sunday, added it to the app then tried to make a reservation…..that’s when I ran into a heap of trouble. Mom CANNOT do this by herself…..I think she was finally able to get some help,on the ship to get it printed. 🙏🙏🙏

this whole process is NOT user friendly especially for older people!  Will find out more tomorrow when she disembarks……

hopeful

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Reserving at a train station doesn’t work for this…..I was told reservations need to be made at least 6 hours BEFORE the train. And for pass holders they should be done weeks in advance. None of which makes any sense simply because one has to activate the pass before purchasing a reservation. I purchased the pass last Sunday, added it to the app then tried to make a reservation…..that’s when I ran into a heap of trouble. Mom CANNOT do this by herself…..I think she was finally able to get some help,on the ship to get it printed. 🙏🙏🙏

this whole process is NOT user friendly especially for older people!  Will find out more tomorrow when she disembarks……

hopeful

Reserving at the station can be done mosttimes till last minute. (If not atleast till the train departs from it´s origin station)

Eurail itself ask to reserve atleast 6hrs in advance via them as they need to sort out your booking.

Yeah the process is still not user friendly as it should be and Eurail tries to improve it.

Badge

Well since I’m the one doing the transportation for us, it needs to be done like this. As long as I can get online, it can be done. It’s way too much for mom to have to handle. Once she gets to Waterloo, we can figure out the rest

thanks for help…..