Solved

Can't choose the Paper Pass for Eurail Global Pass

• 25 June 2021
  • 7 replies

Does somebody know the reason for why it’s no longer possible to order the Paper Pass? A week ago when I first tried to get the Pass it was still an option, but back then I didn’t have enough money on my credit card.. I really don’t want to rely on the battery of my phone to have a valid rail ticket when I’m traveling!

I also find it weird that the eurail team doesn’t seem to have a proper Contact Address for these kinds of issues. They didn’t answer to my facebook message.

icon

Best answer by Nanja 27 June 2021, 12:56

View original

7 replies

Heyy, I've got the same issue! The order shows the paper pass option for one second and then disappears for some reason… Let me know if you found out how to get the paper pass!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can always go to the station ticket office for the paper version. But the website should offer it too.

@Nanja, what's the best way to contact technical support?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You can always go to the station ticket office for the paper version. But the website should offer it too.

Carefull. Eurail passes aren´t sold everywhere like Interrailpasses :/ Atleast at these stations they are sold for sure https://www.eurail.com/en/get-inspired/trains-europe/useful-train-information/eurail-aid-offices

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Carefull. Eurail passes aren´t sold everywhere like Interrailpasses :/ Atleast at these stations they are sold for sure https://www.eurail.com/en/get-inspired/trains-europe/useful-train-information/eurail-aid-offices

Oops, I guess I was distracted by the indicated countries of Ove and Iante, which are both in Europe, which would only make them eligible for Interrail rather than Eurail.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi Ove and Lanthe, thanks for your question. Unfortunately, we have been experiencing issues when delivering paper Passes outside of Europe. We are working hard to solve these issues but, in the meantime, to avoid delayed deliveries or lost packages, we are currently only offering the electronic version of the Pass (the "mobile Pass"). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Our Customer Support team also offers technical support. They can be reached via customerservice@eurail.com or any of the other contact options listed here: https://www.eurail.com/en/help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Unfortunately, we have been experiencing issues when delivering paper Passes outside of Europe. We are working hard to solve these issues but, in the meantime, to avoid delayed deliveries or lost packages, we are currently only offering the electronic version of the Pass (the "mobile Pass"). 

Then it would be best to mention this explicitly when people are ordering a pass.