Solved

Can you change ghe start date you select during purchase?

• 4 June 2023
  • 3 replies

We are traveling from the US to Europe for the first time. I purchased 4 day Flexi passes with a first travel date of July 2. I then discovered I wasn’t able to get seat reservations on that day to arrive in Paris by the time we needed to, so I booked seat reservations on the latest train on July 1 instead. My question is can we activate and travel before the July 2 date I selected when I purchased? I have sent my question in several times through their contact form and not one of them has been answered. 

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 4 June 2023, 22:03

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You can activate a mobile pass whenever you want within 11 months after the purchase. It's best not to activate in advance for the precise reason in your post but you can deactivate a pass day before it starts.

Is it a paper pass ? Then I cannot help but I'm sure someone else will answer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The only time when you need to set a start date of the validity of the pass during the purchase process is if you choose a Eurail paper pass with a predefined start date. That date cannot be changed and you can't travel outside of the validity of the pass  

You make an exchange of passes for the cost of 15 EUR. There is information in your Eurail account how you make an exchange of passes. It is a bit tricky making an exchange when the pass you bought is a paper pass with a predefined start date. 

Hi @AnnaB, thank you for that info. I did double check on my confirmation email and I selected mobile passes. It’s possible I started the checkout process as the paper ticket option and I’m remembering the need to select a first travel date from that.