Can you confirm that all 4 Journeys will be covered by a 1 month flexi pass for 4 separate journeys?

• 21 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi 

we’re thinking of catching the train from Sheffield in the UK to Alicante in Spain.

we wi stay overnight in London on 1 June

catch Eurostar to Paris on 2 June and stay overnight

catch the train from Paris to Barcelona on 3 June

and stay 2 nights in Barcelona

Catch the train from Barcelona to Alicante on 6 June

Can you confirm that all 4 Journeys will be covered by a 1 month flexi pass for 4 separate journeys

A first class pass for my wife plus myself (senior) seems to be about 800 euros

Thanks

Jim

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

THIS site has all he info: seat61.com

If a pass is worthwhile? Maybe, butt it indeed should cover all these trips BUT-this topic has been repated here by now at nauseam, as it appears any newbee with these passes wants to ride exactly those same cumbersome trains:

You MUST make REServations for €* to Par AND also-and quite costly- for those superfast FRench TGV, the supllmt for INTern, is quite high!!!! AND also for about every train INside of ESpana, and this will also cost extra and is quite hard to make as it is not possible to do online.

If you are so sure about all these dates, check yourself what normal tix booked online as advance would cost-again that seat61 has all details on how to.

Also note that OUT of the funny isles in the NorthSea 1st cl means not that much: NO free food, NO extra special service on board, only some wider seats and probably hi-so other pax sniffing at you.

You could do (assuming you do not come back or fly) with just a 4 days/month pass, this should be much less as 800€/GBP. My estimate for the extra to pay is roughly 150€ for 2nd cl-no idea how much more 1st would be.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi Jim, the 4 journeys are covered. You'll need reservations next to the Pass, so please make sure to check that in the Rail Planner App or in our Self Service system. The price is around 600 euros, as in the screenshot below. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

If it is all about cost.. Fly to Barcelona direct from Doncaster, E Midlands or wherever. Stay as long as you want. Get a single ticket Barcelona to Alicante. You can probably do the entire trip for £100.

Notes:

Yes, you miss Paris.

Not good for carbon footprint but if your wallet is a concern it may help. Also in Spain you could visit Valencia en route to Alicante. Valencia is my favourite out of all three! (You could even do Barcelona - Zaragoza - Valencia - Alicante... A dream route)