Solved

Canceling travel day because of strikes

• 23 July 2022
  • 3 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Hello, I would have liked to make the trip Toulouse>Stuttgart (by train without reservation) I saw yesterday that it was cancelled so I decided to change the trip and leave on Sunday. But I forgot to deactivate my travel day to activate the other one. I only have 4 days on my pass. Is it possible that you cancel the 3rd day of travel so that I can use it tomorrow? I'm saving the 4th for when I get home.

icon

Best answer by mcadv 23 July 2022, 15:21

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You have to contact support via the special form: https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new and do indicate that it is for that day. Or go o to SNCF, hope there is someone who can speak a lingo you both command and ask for replacement voucher after explaining. 

BTW-smart of you to have found a way using local trains-must be via Montpellier-Avignon-Lyon-Swiss?

In fact, I speak French very well, so asking the sncf workers will not be complicated. I will go through the valence Geneva<>biel<>Basel<>Karlsruhe<>Stuttgart axis.
But what to say to the controllers, the French ok I think it will not be a problem (we only take ter). But for the Swiss and German controllers, I wonder. We take ic in Switzerland and an ice4 in Germany

At the end: NEVER attempt to travel with an expired or a not valid travel day. I you make a mistake, use an another travel day (you will be giving an another).