Solved

! cannot activate my mpass. What should I do?

• 27 December 2021
  • 15 replies

I put every details correctly but cannot activate mpass for France Eurail. I need to use it now. How can I contact someone for help

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 27 December 2021, 17:37

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I put every detAils correctly but cannot activate mpass for France Eurail. I need to use it now. How can I contact someone for help

1. You can contact customer service here.
  2. If you post a screenshot of the error you see or the screen where you are stuck, then people here may be able to help. "It doesn't work” is very hard to troubleshoot.

I put every detAils correctly but cannot activate mpass for France Eurail. I need to use it now. How can I contact someone for help

1. You can contact customer service here.
  2. If you post a screenshot of the error you see or the screen where you are stuck, then people here may be able to help. "It doesn't work” is very hard to troubleshoot.

Hi. Input the picture already.  Its only said something went wrong. And the “contact us” only lead to email. Which I have already sent  but no reply yet

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi. Input the picture already.  Its only said something went wrong. And the “contact us” only lead to email. Which I have already sent  but no reply yet

Office hours are already over so I wouldn't expect any reaction before tomorrow. Did you mention when you need the pass? Requests are prioritised for urgency.

Have you checked if there's an update for the app? Current version should be 21.2.0 (see More and scroll down).

If you have the latest version, then go to More in the app and then Settings. Scroll down and enable error logging. Then try the activation again and if the error persists, there should be a button to export and send to error logs to Eurail support.

Thanks for your reply

I hav mentioned urgency and time I want to use the pass in my email… 

I already got the latest version 

and already enable the error logging, but there is no button to export and send log

so this might means… nothing else I can do and I cannot use my pass tomorrow as plan :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi Melada, you did the right thing by contacting Customer Support. One of our Customer Support agents replied to your message 30 minutes ago. 

Same issue here, no phone number support, just a virtual agent that response whatever it wants and an automatic email that says support will responde in 48 hours.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Same issue here, no phone number support, just a virtual agent that response whatever it wants and an automatic email that says support will responde in 48 hours.

1. Check if there's an app update. If so, install it and try again. App version is currently 23.1.0.
  2. If that doesn't work, enable error logging via More > Settings, scroll to the bottom.
  3. Mention to customer support when you are travelling. That's an important factor in determining urgency.
  4. Do you have an iPhone (if so: which iOS version?) or Android?

Recently, It was a hell experience for me as I experienced the same problem ! and when I found my Eurail mobile pass appeared error, I search how to solve problem here and nothing are workable, Then I sent email to customer service but it has been 2 weeks until I came back to Thailand but no response so far ! I encountered many consequences of waste time since I had to line up to to get help from officer at many stations in Amsterdam and Brussels but no one could help due to error in Rail app itself.

This made me waste times and money since I already reserved high speed train but I couldn’t use it when Eurail pass was not activated.  I could not cancel my reservation tickets as well because it can be cancelled in Eurail where I reserved ticket only and my surname was updated and the previous account was removed !

Finally, I had to cut my plan in many places. From this event, I decided to claim Eurail pass with 100% refundable but I will be sure that I will not take a risk to buy the mobile pass anymore. 

Recently, It was a hell experience for me as I experienced the same problem ! and when I found my Eurail mobile pass appeared error, I search how to solve problem here and nothing are workable, Then I sent email to customer service but it has been 2 weeks until I came back to Thailand but no response so far ! I encountered many consequences of waste time since I had to line up to to get help from officer at many stations in Amsterdam and Brussels but no one could help due to error in Rail app itself.

This made me waste times and money since I already reserved high speed train but I couldn’t use it when Eurail pass was not activated.  I could not cancel my reservation tickets as well because it can be cancelled in Eurail where I reserved ticket only and my surname was updated and the previous account was removed !

Finally, I had to cut my plan in many places. From this event, I decided to claim Eurail pass with 100% refundable but I will be sure that I will not take a risk to buy the mobile pass anymore. 

Hi, support doesn’t exist here, I could fix the issue forcing  closing the app and running again, I have to do this many times along my trip, hope it helps for you as well 

Hi, support doesn’t exist here, I could fix the issue forcing  closing the app and running again, I have to do this many times along my trip, hope it helps for you as well 

Thanks for suggestion. I actually removed the Railplanner app and reinstalled but it didn’t work. I am really in doubt what is a true cause of this. I see the initiators of this thread and another one Cannot activate Eurail m-pass | Community including me, all come from Thailand ! so I think the function of activation in application may have not linked with database in Eurail pass account well in specific area ! 

I think Eurail needs to investigate and take preventive action, otherwise, many of other people will be a victim of this error. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Naratorn Wirunhchatapant

You should check in the settings of your phone that you use the Gregorian calendar.

That has been the problem for other travellers from Thailand that they have used another calendar than the Gregorian. 

You should check in the settings of your phone that you use the Gregorian calendar.

That has been the problem for other travellers from Thailand that they have used another calendar than the Gregorian. 

Thanks you for this information ! I even see more Thai people asked the same question multiple times. 

I think this information regarding calendar setting should have been communicated in anywhere for app manual to prevent inconvenience as it is really a common problem and look likes rare of us are able to know.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks you for this information ! I even see more Thai people asked the same question multiple times. 

I think this information regarding calendar setting should have been communicated in anywhere for app manual to prevent inconvenience as it is really a common problem and look likes rare of us are able to know.

Did you get the app to work?

Did you get the app to work?

I got the app to travel. I planed to use Eurail pass for future Europe trips to economize the time of journey but I have learnt that there is a cost of achieving that.