Solved

change of residency needed- urgent

Dear EU rail support,

Could you please change my residency on my interrail pass from Great Britain to Belgium today?

I was assured when buying the pass as I am a Belgian resident I can use my card in the UK where I am travelling for the next two months. It’s also comforting to see others in the same error have had theirs remedied on this forum :)

I need to travel today so please if you could remedy this error today that would be very helpful.

Thanks for your support! 

All the best

Martha 

icon

Best answer by seewulf 10 June 2022, 11:37

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

This can only be done by Customer Service
https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new please open a case here and write escpecially your first travelday to get the correct priority.

Customer Service is currently overhelmed with request and it can take a while to get a response.

Gréât thank you! I’ve left a request hopefully they can help before my train this afternoon :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Gréât thank you! I’ve left a request hopefully they can help before my train this afternoon :)

I doubt that this can be solved before this afternoon :/ Usually it tooks 2days and currently they are overhelmed with requests.

@Nanja  @Felipe.iturrieta@Marion  ugent assistence needed here.

Thanks @seewulf i really appreciate the support! 

I have the same problem. When I talk to customer service, they say that they can't change the residence technically anymore.So if you choose residence wrong, your ticket is wasted..

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I have the same problem. When I talk to customer service, they say that they can't change the residence technically anymore.So if you choose residence wrong, your ticket is wasted..

Once activated it´s not possible anymore

Once activated it´s not possible anymore

I didn’t activated it but they are still saying it is not possible to change 

*Up*
i still need crucial help on this. Any possibility to resolve today? I can send over belgian residency info if needed @Nanja @seewulf @Marion @AnnaB 

thanks for your support 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

*Up*
i still need crucial help on this. Any possibility to resolve today? I can send over belgian residency info if needed @Nanja @seewulf @Marion @AnnaB 

thanks for your support 

Iam not working for Eurail same apllies for AnnaB :)
Nanja and Marion are usually not online on weekends :/

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

We see an ever increasing lot of such requests-people angry a lot or a little. Crying out does not help at all. Oh the good old days when you went to an office and they checked all that for you.

You can probably understand that what once was British Rail is not that eager that Brits mis-use passs due to the general sky-high fares. As do the Swiss and the Germans in these cases.

Also seems to me that the instructions on how to fill it out in app have to be MUCH more clear for these cases-its natural that people state their nationality as first choice.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Part of the problem is this text when you order the pass (in Traveller Details):

The country of residence is not in the passport and often not on the ID card either but it leads some people to believe that the country of residence must match something in their passport or ID card. I'd say this is phrased in a misleading way and nobody should become a victim of that. And that means customer service should fix any errors made because of this text. And of course this text should be rephrased.

@Marion @Nanja comments welcome.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@rvdborgt Very good point. This must be made much clearer in the order process. 

The information about country of residence is not clear either if you look under "What's my country of residence?" 

If you read the conditions of use it is totally clear though. 

*up*
i still need crucial help on this please. Any possibility to resolve? I know that people with the same problem solved their problems with your help. @Nanja  @Marion @AnnaB  @Felipe.iturrieta

I sent photos of my Turkish passport and visa. I live in Turkey and came to France for a short time. I chose France as my country because I will start my trip from France. but actually i live in turkey. I started my trip 1 week ago. and i can't travel in france and its neighboring countries. can you help me? I have an request #233656 waiting as 'open'.

thanks

Hello, we bought two interrail continuous tickets for 2 months but our residence country shows Germany, but we are residence of Turkey and we can prove it. We bought the tickets from allaboard.eu 

Can you please change our residence to Turkey?

We will leave tomorrow in 14 hours. IT IS URGENT!! PLEASE HELP US!!

We have a open request #256248

@Nanja @Marion @Angelo 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello, we bought two interrail continuous tickets for 2 months but our residence country shows Germany, but we are residence of Turkey and we can prove it. We bought the tickets from allaboard.eu 

@Nanja @Marion @Angelo 

@erydoan None of the persons you tagged can help you.

The policy from Interrail is that you need to make an exchange of the pass, if the condition of your pass allows that, to change the country of residence.

If you live in Germany, then your country of residence is Germany.

You need to contact the seller of the pass. Interrail only exchanges passes that you bought through the Interrail website. 

@Nanja @Marion @Angelo 

@erydoan None of the persons you tagged can help you.

The policy from Interrail is that you need to make an exchange of the pass, if the condition of your pass allows that, to change the country of residence.

If you live in Germany, then your country of residence is Germany.

You need to contact the seller of the pass. Interrail only exchanges passes that you bought through the Interrail website. 

I dont live in Germany, I am a residence of Turkey. We didn’t activate our passes yet and we saw people changing their residence country in the community without doing exchanges. Can you tag people who can help us? We bought the tickets at a discount so if we do exchange I think we have to pay full amount, right? Thank you for your reply.

Dear EU rail support,

Could you please change my residency on my interrail pass from Great Britain to Belgium today?

I was assured when buying the pass as I am a Belgian resident I can use my card in the UK where I am travelling for the next two months. It’s also comforting to see others in the same error have had theirs remedied on this forum :)

I need to travel today so please if you could remedy this error today that would be very helpful.

Thanks for your support! 

All the best

Martha 

Hi Martha,

Thanks for your question! Please be kindly informed that is is not possible to change the country of residence via our system. Due to fraud prevention, we can only grant this via a Pass exchange!

Please make sure that your Pass is not used or activated, purchase a new Pass and we will refund the old order minus 15 EUR exchange fee.

You can send me a personal message to facilitate this including your order number (s).

Kind regards,

Annie