Solved

Change start date? Deactivate/Reactivate pass?

• 1 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Hello!

I bought my pass in May and activated it right away as it said that I could start my trip anytime within the next 11 months and also that I could change my start date later.

I wanted to start around middle of August but now I noticed in the app that my pass is supposedly only valid for 34 more days without any way of doing/changing anything :-(((

I haven't done a single train ride so far or bought any ticket.

How do I proceed? Is there a way (for customer service) to change my start date and)or deactivate and reactive my pass?

Or should I drop everything immediately and start my trip right away to not lose any more time/value?

I'd be very very glad for a quick answer as I would have to organise a lot on very short term in the worst case.

Thx for any help!

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 1 August 2022, 10:24

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

When you activated the pass you had to choose the start date of the validity. This day can be up to 11 months from the date of purchase, but you apparently put an early date as start date.

What you can do is to ask Customer Support for help through the form below. I have no idea what they will answer. 

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

Hi Anna,

yeah, how I understood the terms I thought I could choose my start date until one day before I would actually want to start.

It feels so bad should I have wasted a whole month of travelling time - and a lot of money as well :-((

Thx for your advice, will see what customer service has to say.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi Anna,

yeah, how I understood the terms I thought I could choose my start date until one day before I would actually want to start.

This is true as long as your start date hasn't passed. As soon as the date of your start date occurs your pass becomes valid and then you can't change the start date.

Yeah, now I know. It would have really really really helped if this was clearly communicated when activating the pass - which it wasn't.

It more or less gave the impression that you could start your trip practically any time within 11 months with one day of "digital preparation" prior to the actual start.

Maybe it is more clear in English, in German it definitely wasn't :-/