Solved

Changing name on pass before activation

Hi there,

I booked an interrail pass during the flashsale yesterday and have the following problem now: I was going to buy two passes, one for my friend (the one-month pass) and one for myself (the-two months pass). Apparently I was too excited and accidentally booked the one-month pass for myself instead of my friend. I am aware that sale passes are non-refundable, otherwise I would have just cancelled and bought both passes with the correct names.

But I have read that customer service can change incorrect information on the pass before activation so I assume this includes the name? Does anyone have experience with this? I’ve been waiting for an answer from customer service about this and have no idea how long this will take. It’s a little urgent as the sale ends in a couple of days and now I have been waiting to book the two-months because I first wanted to be sure that I can get the name changed on the pass I already booked.

Please help!:D

icon

Best answer by Nanja 8 August 2022, 13:29

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Does @Marion@Nanja@Leo have an answer to this?

I have the same problem, please let me know if you will manage to get the answer from them! thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Mona04 @Tomastabis 

You need to contact Customer Support and ask for help.

You can use this form:

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new 

If you are planning on travelling during the next weeks clearly state that when you write to Customer Support.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

If the details on your mobile Pass are incorrect or outdated and you can’t change it yourself, please get in touch with Customer Support. If your Pass has not been activated yet, they will be able to change the information for you.

They can help with:

• Adjusting your name (in case of typos, or name changes due to marriage and other legal name changes)
  • Adjusting your ID/passport information (in case or typos or ID/passport renewal)
  • Adjusting your date of birth

Is your country of residence incorrect?

Unfortunately we can't update your country of residence after you've purchased the Pass. This can only be done by ordering a new Pass with the correct country of residence and requesting a refund for your old Pass (a Pass exchange).