Solved

child traveling alone

hello! does anyone know if my 11y.o. can travel on her own with her pass? it would be one journey in germany. our passes are shown separetely in the app.

appreciate any help!

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 6 July 2022, 02:24

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

NOT on the free pass that parents get for their own children-these are tied to the one of the parent.

Depending on what that trip would be -untill end of aug DE offers a superchap 9€/month ticket for ALL transit-but only local=not the IC/ICE. Also worthwile for local citybus/tram.

Can check options via bahn.com-use nahverkehr (local only)

And as I assume s/he is not German-there are specific rules that foreign children must have written permission of legal parents that s/he is alllowed to travel on own-there may even be set forms for that, its DE after all. Inform yourself about this-I assume you have german family or people who know more.

Thanks a lot, this is helping!!

She is German actually, I’m just new to the Interrail world))

Maybe I can use this opportunity to ask something else:

If the pass says: “Activate by 11 Apr 2023”, does this mean I can activate by then, but travel in June, for instance? Or is Apr 11th the last possible day of the start of the journey?

Thanks you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If the pass says: “Activate by 11 Apr 2023”, does this mean I can activate by then, but travel in June, for instance? Or is Apr 11th the last possible day of the start of the journey?

I suppose you bought your pass on 11 May 2022? That means that:

1. The latest possible start date is 11 April 2023.
  2. The latest possible date to activate the pass and choose the start date (you will only have one date left to choose from) is also 11 April 2023.