Solved

Clarifications for the rules of a single travel days

Hello everybody,
I wanted some clarification on the rules of night trains.
I have a flexi 7 days on a month Global pass and I plan to take a trip Berlin - Amsterdam starting early in the morning, visit Amsterdam quickly and on the same day in the evening before midnight, go elsewhere.
As long as you take the train that leaves Amsterdam in the evening before midnight (with a seat reservation obv), without changing trains, are there any limits on the arrival time the next day?

Obviously intended using only one travel day.
This is because I would like to avoid using two days of travel and take advantage of the departure before midnight.

Could you please tell me something more about?

THANKSS!!

icon

Best answer by seewulf 1 July 2022, 19:48

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello everybody,
I wanted some clarification on the rules of night trains.
I have a flexi 7 days on a month Global pass and I plan to take a trip Berlin - Amsterdam starting early in the morning, visit Amsterdam quickly and on the same day in the evening before midnight, go elsewhere.
As long as you take the train that leaves Amsterdam in the evening before midnight (with a seat reservation obv), without changing trains, are there any limits on the arrival time the next day?

Obviously intended using only one travel day.
This is because I would like to avoid using two days of travel and take advantage of the departure before midnight.

Could you please tell me something more about?

THANKSS!!

no limits on the arrival time next day :) as long you didnt change trains.

Good examples for that are the Nighttrains Milan departe 20.40 to Sicily arrival after 16.00 the next day.

The Nighttrain Reggio Calabria - Turin start at 21.50 and arrival at 16.30 the next day

or the Vienna - Bucharest Nighttrain with depature at 19.40 and arrival at 15.30 the next day.

From Amsterdam you can catch Nighttrains to Linz/Vienna, Munich/Innsbruck or Basel/Zürich.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The short answer is that there are no limits on the arrival time of the night train.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes-these are the ONLY trains running far overnite starting from AMS-and thats only very recently.

Note that there are again long time works on the B→ Ams line starting this week-often it means the train cannot reach Ams (mostly weekends)

The overnite to Basel has seats/couchette-for this summer OeBB says that nearly all real sleeper sare booked already-and couch for >90%.