Solved

Connecting journeys

• 16 June 2023
  • 4 replies

• Keeps calm and carries on
  • 10 replies

Hi,

I am just a little confused about what I will need to do in order to be able to board the train. If anyone is able to advise me I would be most grateful.

I have a pass with five travel days. I have activated the pass. As per the advice on this forum, I have not yet activated the travel day. My first travel day is Eurostar, London to Paris - I have seat reservations (and have a physical copy of these).

When I get to the station this Sunday, I will activate the travel day. Is there anything else I need to do in order to travel? Do I need to add the journey to my pass, or do the physical seat reservations suffice?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 16 June 2023, 00:12

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

When I get to the station this Sunday, I will activate the travel day. Is there anything else I need to do in order to travel? Do I need to add the journey to my pass, or do the physical seat reservations suffice?

You always need to add the journey to your pass.

Please see:

https://www.interrail.eu/en/interrail-passes/interrail-mobile-pass/getting-started

If I add the journey, it doesn’t give me a ticket as such as the journey added says “Seat Reservations required”. I then have the paper copy of the seat reservations. Is that all I need to do, or am I doing something wrong. Just want to check as despite adding the Eurostar journey there is still no option to “Show TIcket” in my Eurail mobile pass.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If I add the journey, it doesn’t give me a ticket as such

Yes it does. After adding the journey to your pass (and activating your pass and travel day), you can generate a QR code for the travel day and that is your ticket.

as the journey added says “Seat Reservations required”.

That's just for information. The app doesn't know whether you have a reservation or not.

I then have the paper copy of the seat reservations. Is that all I need to do, or am I doing something wrong. Just want to check as despite adding the Eurostar journey there is still no option to “Show TIcket” in my Eurail mobile pass.

That button will appear after you've activated your pass and then added the journey to your pass. Merely saving the journey in your trip doesn't do that. Did you follow the steps on the page I posted?

Also note that it's generally not a good idea to activate anything (pass, travel day or inbound/outbound journey) in advance. You can only cancel activation until 23:59 CET before validity starts and if something happens after that (e.g. you wake up ill), then it will be too late to cancel and you'll lose travel days. So it's advisable to cancel activation after you're done testing.

Figured it out! I didn’t understand that I had to tap on the sliding symbol - I was tapping elsewhere on the journey so it wasn’t properly adding to my pass.

Thank you very much for your help rydborgt.