Solved

connecting mobile pass to a trip

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi everyone, so i managed to connect my mobile passes to my outbound trip (1st travel day of 7) ready for activation on the day of my travel. And i also prepared the route for the next trips which will be the 2nd travel day and 3rd travel day but on different dates.

QUESTION- How do i connect my mobile passes to those i have prepared already? (I swear i forgot how i managed to do the first). 

Please help what and how and best way to use this planner. 

Many thanks!

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 31 July 2023, 04:41

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Each pass can only have 1 trip connected to it.

You must add all journeys to that trip.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Al_G but i cannot activate yet my next trip because i dont have the final date yet (Germany trip and switzerland trip)? 

Or can i add my mobile pass later when my 1st travel is done. My first trip is London to Amsterdam. Will stay in amsterdam for couple of days without using the Interrail pass.  

The next journey is Amsterdam to Germany. Can i add this to the interrail pass then? 

Sorry its my first time so i have no idea what this adventure looks like. 

Many thanks in advance for the clarification. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you do all those journeys with just one pass, then you need to put them in 1 trip, because a pass can only be connected to 1 trip and you can't change it to another trip.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Does that mean that i have to add now all my journeys up until i used up all of my 7days global pass?

What happen why i activate it on my first day, will it activate all the tickets that im not sure of? Such as time and train to leave amsterdam

Im really confused. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Does that mean that i have to add now all my journeys up until i used up all of my 7days global pass?

What happen why i activate it on my first day, will it activate all the tickets that im not sure of? Such as time and train to leave amsterdam

Im really confused. 

You can add/remove/alter trains as much as you like anytime you like.

You can add trains you might take as and when your plans develop. You can add multiple options for one journey and only activate the one you take just before you travel.

Each train has an activation button that you can turn on/off as you please,.

The only restriction is that you cannot deactivate a travel day once it turns midnight on that day so make sure you are travelling each day before activating any train for that day.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Nothing will happen when you activate your pass. A ticket (QR code) is only generated when you add a journey/train to your pass by tapping on the yellow slider in My Trip.

Userlevel 1
Badge

So can i activate the interrail .mobile pass without a trip yet then add the train schedule after fhe activation?  Or i can add the very first oitbound train (but dont know the schedule of the train due to industrial action).

I will be a pro once i get the hang of this intetrailing. Thank yoi for the patience.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You don't need to activate anything until your start date. There's no need to activate in advance. The only requirement is that you activated the pass and added your train to it before you board it.

You don't need to activate anything until your start date. There's no need to activate in advance. The only requirement is that you activated the pass and added your train to it before you board it.

Hello. I'm sorry it's my first time using the app and all this also. In the day of 1st travel day need to activate this day and add to it trains we took ? I want to buy 2 passes for me n my son. So they both will be in 1 phone ? And for each need activation? When 1st day finished its automatically will be closed ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

For clarity - the terminology is what is confusing you.

In Interrail you have a pass that allows you to travel up to the chosen number of days within the chosen period (e.g. 5 days in a month.)

Each pass has a single diary of your planned trains - This is called your trip and you can add as many trains as you wish.

The next word to consider is a journey - depending on context this may be used for each discrete train you travel on or possibly a single excursion where you travel on more than one train (e.g.London to Cologne which requires a change in Brussels). Personally I use the first definition - i,e, a single train from A to B in my answers is a journey.

As you are about to board your chosen train you go to your trip and add the train to your trip if you haven’t already added the train, which you could have done many weeks in advance. Trains added to your trip are simply a wishlist and until activated can be removed or changed at any time (just like in a diary).

Then, assuming you have activated your pass, you complete your activation of the journey by operating the grey slider, which changes colour to yellow. If this is the first of the day it creates a travel day and a tab for see ticket appears. This then shows your travel day, a QR code and a text listing of the train details. This, along with any separate mandatory reservations,, is your ticket for that train and used for inspections.  If  you travel on more than one train in any travel day you follow the same Trip - Pass procedure and it will show below the previous train in the text listing. The QR code is not changed.

Obviously if you do not use your pass on any day it does not create a travel day, even if there were trains in your trip (as long as you haven’t operated the slider). You can easily delete any trains you don’t take, but that is just good housekeeping.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello. I'm sorry it's my first time using the app and all this also. In the day of 1st travel day need to activate this day and add to it trains we took ? I want to buy 2 passes for me n my son. So they both will be in 1 phone ? And for each need activation? When 1st day finished its automatically will be closed ? 

If you have 2 passes on the same phone you need to add the planned train to the trip section in both passes (normally it asks which passes you want a journey adding to in case only one of you is travelling on that journey. You need to operate the trip to pass slider in both trips and create tickets for both passes as you travel. It is simple to swap between tickets at inspection.

The app manages the correct travel day allocation so there is no need to close anything - yes the app simply puts past travel days in an archive status, effectively closing that travel day. The app  will only remove trains from your trip if you physically instruct it to, just like any diary.

If you have 2 passes on the same phone you need to add the planned train to the trip section in both passes (normally it asks which passes you want a journey adding to in case only one of you is travelling on that journey. You need to operate the trip to pass slider in both trips and create tickets for both passes as you travel. It is simple to swap between tickets at inspection.

The app manages the correct travel day allocation so there is no need to close anything - yes the app simply puts past travel days in an archive status, effectively closing that travel day. The app  will only remove trains from your trip if you physically instruct it to, just like any diary.

Thank you so much. Now it's more clear and understandable.