Solved

consecutive days or free to choose (flexible) interrail Switserland

• 4 January 2023
  • 6 replies

Dear all,

I want to buy an Interrrail pass for 5 days in one month for Switserland. Can I use the 5 days whenever I want within the chosen month or do I have to use the  5 days sequentially.

I noticed that for a global pass consecutive use is not required but I couldn't find the answer for the one country  passes.

Thanks,

Threes

icon

Best answer by Schelte 4 January 2023, 16:06

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Exactly the same - any 5 days in one month from first travel day - up to the expiry date for activation.

If activated 1st of month ends on the last day of the month, if activated 2nd of month it expires on1st of following month and so on.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

The Interrail One Country passes for Switzerland are all X days in one month, so the travel days are not necessarily consecutive.

These are the options for interrail one country passes for Switzerland (adult prices)

The Swisspass (unrelated to Interrail) is different, there you do have the choice between either consecutive passes or flexible passes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

You might also want to look into the Swiss Travel Pass https://www.swiss-pass.ch/. This includes ALL public transport in Switzerland, not only the trains.

Thanks !

I am glad to be able choose my own travel dates within my planned travel month March 24 - April 24 because I plan to stay/hike a couple of days around each town that I plan to visit using the train and Interrrail pass.

For me personally, as I only want to use the pass for train journeys, Interrail Switserland is a better option. 

Cheers Threes  

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Thanks !

I am glad to be able choose my own travel dates within my planned travel month March 24 - April 24 because I plan to stay/hike a couple of days around each town that I plan to visit using the train and Interrrail pass.

For me personally, as I only want to use the pass for train journeys, Interrail Switserland is a better option. 

Cheers Threes  

You can do the same with the Swiss Flexipass and as @BrendanDB  said it covers more as the Interrail Switzerland pass :)

Few examples
Shipride on Lake Lucerene and Mountain Rail up to rigi covered by Swiss Pass (Interrail just 50%)
Shipsrides on Lac Leman the same as above :)

The SwissFlexipass cover all mean of transport (Buses,Trams aswell) and offer free or discounted entry to several museums in Switzerland :)

Thanks and I did notice  the additional advantages of the Swisspass. 

Cheers Threes