Solved

Continuous pas and the end of the month

• Rail rookie
  • 1 reply

We want to travel as a group, leaving before the end of July, and returning after the start of August. We are travelling for 7 days, but are looking at the flash sale, since it gives us more freedom. I was wondering whether you can ‘surpass the end of the calendar month’ with a continuous pass. So is it allowed to travel, with a one-month continuous pas, in July and August, as long as there are less than 30 days between the first and last travel day, or does travelling in July and August require a two-month pass? In the latter option, a 7-day global pass would suit us better I think….

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 6 May 2022, 17:04

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

One month is e.g. from the 25th of July to the 24th of August so the 1 month pass will be fine for you.

So a pass starting 1 February ends on 28 (or 29) February. But what about a pass starting 31 January, it can’t end on 30 February! I’ve read that you get the number of days as in the starting month, so would it end on 1 (or 2) March?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

This will most likely on a paper pass end in that seller will call main office for instructions and wait, wait, wait -they are busy. MOst likely then it will be till 28 (29 only in 2024) febr. Hence smart people will let it start on 29/1. There are in general perhaps a dozen or so passes sold (of the many 10.000s in total) for such a period. But it seems that as with anything riding on rails there are infinite endless whatifwhen (waswaerewenn in DE) permutations and minor details unsolved.

On a new style mobile pass you will have to check yourself- and I highly doubt smart people would risk it. In general its the same with the variuous all-month season tickets from any railway

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

So a pass starting 1 February ends on 28 (or 29) February. But what about a pass starting 31 January, it can’t end on 30 February! I’ve read that you get the number of days as in the starting month, so would it end on 1 (or 2) March?

No, the pass would end the day before the last day of February if the start date is the 31st of January. If February has 28 days, then the pass will end on the 27th of February. The pass is not for 30 days, but for one or several months. Depending on the start day a one month pass will be valid for 28, 29, 30 or 31 days.