Solved

Dates for exchanging

• 27 April 2022
  • 2 replies

This is the statement on the EuRail site regarding pass exchanges:

Refund and exchange requests for Rail Passes without a predefined start date (open date Passes), can be granted if such Passes are returned to us unused, not activated, and no later than six months from the last possible activation date of the Pass.

I have sent a question to EuRail, but it’s been 2 weeks without an answer yet. I know they are busy. 

Does six months from the last possible activation date mean 

•  Six months AFTER the last possible activation date    OR
  • Six months BEFORE the last possible activation date

Does anyone know for sure?  If six months before I need to make my exchange by Saturday. If six months after I have until October. 

‘Thanks so much for any assistance you can provide. 

icon

Best answer by Marion 29 April 2022, 11:35

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

That only makes sense with the meaning "after”.

@Nanja, can you confirm? Maybe it's a good idea to make that clearer in the next revision of the conditions.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

This is the statement on the EuRail site regarding pass exchanges:

Refund and exchange requests for Rail Passes without a predefined start date (open date Passes), can be granted if such Passes are returned to us unused, not activated, and no later than six months from the last possible activation date of the Pass.

I have sent a question to EuRail, but it’s been 2 weeks without an answer yet. I know they are busy. 

Does six months from the last possible activation date mean 

•  Six months AFTER the last possible activation date    OR
  • Six months BEFORE the last possible activation date

Does anyone know for sure?  If six months before I need to make my exchange by Saturday. If six months after I have until October. 

‘Thanks so much for any assistance you can provide. 

Hi JennieB, The last activation date of the pass is 11 months after the purchase date. Then you still have 6 months to send the pass back to us if it is unused. So 11 + 6 = 17 months from the purchase date maximum to ask for a refund. But you need to cancel the pass on your account before the last possible activation date. Then you have 6 months to send the pass back to us. Hopefully it is clearer like this. Cheers