December discount 2023

• 24 December 2023
  • 18 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
  • Full steam ahead
  • 36 replies

Hello!

Does anyone know the likelihood of a 10% sale on interrail passes (4 days in one month) before Jan 1st? 

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Camilo. 27 December 2023, 10:17

View original

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There’s no indication pro or against it in my opinion, nothing haas slipped. Last year it started on 22th December so it’d mean a later start date this year.

We can only wait and see...

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

There’s no harm in waiting to see if there’s a promotion. You can buy the pass on the day you will depart, and activate it straight away. (Although I might do it the day before!)

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

There’s no harm in waiting to see if there’s a promotion. You can buy the pass on the day you will depart, and activate it straight away. (Although I might do it the day before!)

That’s what i thought but as  I need to reserve 4 people on Eurostar I need the pass before I do this - is that right - can I reserve seats before I actually have the pass?

Thank you and Merry Christmas/festive season! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

That’s what i thought but as  I need to reserve 4 people on Eurostar I need the pass before I do this - is that right - can I reserve seats before I actually have the pass?

Thank you and Merry Christmas/festive season! 

You can book passholder reservations on Eurostar before you buy the pass here https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Booking/Pass#TravelWish

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Thanks.

If I’ve not got the pass yet, what do I do when the b-europe booking page asks me for the pass cover number?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Enter I11111111 or any pass number. They won't appear anywhere, the reservation is tied to your name.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can also book on raileurope.com and then without any extra booking fees.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I think you meant Rail Europe ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I think you meant Rail Europe ?

Oops, yes. Corrected.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi all, 

There will be no winter sale this year. Stay tuned for future promotions and announcements by following us on social and subscribing to our newsletter!

Subscribe to our newsletter | Interrail.eu

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Thank you Camilo.

Do the pass prices increase on Jan 1st and if so do you know by how much?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

DB have already published the new prices. The prices increases vary and for the global passes they're between 1 and 9%.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

DB have already published the new prices. The prices increases vary and for the global passes they're between 1 and 9%.

Do you have a link to this? I still see the old document on their website

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks too ! Looks like the month continuous pass will be slightly cheaper (at least for youth) but it's rather an exception.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Thanks,

what’s the difference between 1.kl and 2.kl (I’m an English speaker),

It's 1st class and 2nd class.