Solved

Disconnect pass from app

I am currently travelling in Europe and I have used once day on my pass. However when I uninstalled and reinstalled the railplanner app, I could no longer add my mobile pass. This is a serious issue as I have already had to buy a full fare ticket. I am also travelling tomorrow morning and it looks like I will need to book a bus if the problem isn't sorted. 

I should note my app is fully up to date, on an android phone, and I've contacted customer support numerous times today.

Does anyone have a possible solution, or a more direct route to customer service

icon

Best answer by seewulf 11 June 2022, 21:44

View original

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You can activate your Pass only once after that only Customer Service can assist further.
Customer Service is overhelmed with messages and they can´t hold their target to respond within 2 days :/

You may try to contact them via Twitter or any other social media channel.

Thanks for the response. 

I have contacted them via many socials, just awaiting a response. 

There are Eurail aid offices around Europe, I'm wondering if I could resolve the problem there?

Does anyone know

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There are no Eurail aid offices.

I'm just going to bump this again, as I desperately need help from customer support. I can't afford to buy train tickets for each journey.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

What is (once was?) called Eurail help points were simply big main stations that were very much used to stray foreigners and knew what they always asked etc. That was before mobile app & al that.

F.e. in SE and NO there is hardly any such staffed counter left-only less as 10 in the biggest cities.

It is also wise to assume they will not and can not give any help with all the pitfalls we see here on the apps.

Best way to contact service is not to send endless mails etc-this just blocks up the system (anyone with brains can think of that+ we even learnt that in introductions to the world of IT) but use the form for that (annaB always sends the link) and state DATE as they try to handle in that order-noone in office works weekends.

A grand overveiw of what can happen and what to avoid with these apps might be useful, but its the same as always: they only start reading when the fault is done.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The best way  to Customer Support is through this form. 

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

Customer Support is overloaded with requests so you need to clearly write that you are currently travelling and that you can't continue with your travel without help, so that Customer Support can prioritise your request correctly.

Thank you, I have already sent this form to them stating the urgency of my situation. I hope I will hear something within the next 2 days...

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you post a screen shot of the error message you get, maybe someone knows what to do.

Here's the error I'm getting. I think the problem could be my phone, as I get the same error when I try add my friends pass. When I try add my pass to his phone, it says that it is already added to a device. It is weird that it worked perfectly on the first day.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I think that your conclusion about a problem with your phone is correct.  You should get a warning when trying to connect your friend's pass to your phone and not this error message. 

Have you tried to delete the Rail Planner App again, restart the phone, and then re-install the App?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The error message says that you not are online. Have you checked that other apps requiring an internet connection work?

Replying to @AnnaB 

I uninstalled the rail planner app, restarted phone and reinstalled app. This did not work.

All other apps that require internet work perfectly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Sean Cahalane Too bad. I'm running out of ideas. I hope you get a solution to your problem soon.

Thanks for your help.

Does anyone else have possible solutions? Or customer service updates.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Replying to @AnnaB 

I uninstalled the rail planner app, restarted phone and reinstalled app. This did not work.

All other apps that require internet work perfectly.

That is the problem as you can activate the pass only once on a device. Once Activated only Customer Service can assist you as they have first to deactivate the pass before you can activate it again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

That is the problem as you can activate the pass only once on a device. Once Activated only Customer Service can assist you as they have first to deactivate the pass before you can activate it again.

It is not a new device, it is the same device. The error message doesn't say that the pass already is connected, but that data can't be retrieved as the phone not is online. 

Any idea what the problem could be? @seewulf 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

It is not a new device, it is the same device. The error message doesn't say that the pass already is connected, but that data can't be retrieved as the phone not is online. 

Any idea what the problem could be? @seewulf 

Yeah but it´s a new “session” of the Railplanner App and this can cause the problem. I am not 100% sure how Eurail bound the passes on one device. Usually it would be easy to use the IMEI but iam not 100% how they do it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The issue is probably not pass activation, although we can't be entirely sure. What may help is to restart the phone or to switch off/on airplane mode or something similar.

Also, enabling error logging (More > Settings, scroll to the bottom) may help customer service.