Solved

Discount on FGC lines?

• 26 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

On the 2022 Interrail map (found on this page), some lines around Barcelona run by FGC are shown as "Railways with discount”. It refers to the pass benefits section in the rail planner app for details, but it has no mention of these rail services. I also checked the benefits portal but nothing there either (interestingly, the website lists 26 benefits for Spain, the app 25).

The FGC website does not mention Interrail or Eurail anywhere.

So is this still accurate? I have also asked FGC via their Facebook page.

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 29 March 2022, 11:29

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hoi, ola. Was there a few days ago. In fact this discount was already withdrawn many, many years ago when all transit around Barca came into the zonal fare system with magnetic stripe cards and not even any ticket that has 40 or 50% descuento. It certainly does not and did not on the metro-like short suburban lines to Terrassa and Sabadell. But you know-things do not move fast in ESpana.

In case you ´want to do´ all those lines in the Barca system-they do daypasses by zones, but the whole area is about 28€/day. But it includes also all buses and the Barca metro etc.

It MAY still have applied to some other lines that later became FGC out of this area, like the one going norte from LLeida=Lerida. For that one- as branch-line collector- ask at counter (assuming there is one for them at Lerida, no idea about this, RENFE will certainly deny its existence). Or this mountain line somewhere up north from Barca (ski-ing line). Also expect unannounced bus-substitution- many obras en ruta.

I had about same problem a few yrs ago wanting to ride the CP Nice-Digne: it was oct. and then I got informed-French tend to be better informed-it was indeed there but after a fare revision withdrawn that year from 1/9. It also kept on the Pass-benefit listings for many more years afters.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

FGC have now written back that they are not "sponsor of Interrail”. I guess the discount is indeed something of the past. So it looks like the Interrail map should be corrected.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Update: we took note of the changes to make, the update will be made for the 2023 version of the map