Solved

Discount tickets

• 24 February 2023
  • 7 replies

Hello and good day to you all.  I am looking into purchasing the Eurail 15 days two months first class tickets.  I was told that around Easter time tickets are usually on sale.  Do you know approximately when they go on sale?  If I purchase them now and they go on sale do I get credited the difference?  Please let me know, thank you.

icon

Best answer by BrendanDB 24 February 2023, 10:27

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
  1. Differs a bit, from year to year. Just subscribe to the newsletter, you’ll be notified then. https://www.eurail.com/en/plan-your-trip/stay-updated-email
  2. No, you won’t get credited the difference.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Check this topic too for an overview of the different sales periods, the last years.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you're buying a mobile pass, then there's no need to buy it a long time in advance. Just wait and see if there's a sale. If there isn't, you can still buy one an hour or so before you start your trip.

Hello and good day to you all again.  Thank you for your reply.  Question, how do I subscribe to the newsletter?

And someone says I can wait but I have noticed that the tickets have increased by approximately 100 euros from when I first looked at the 15 days two months compare to the price now? 

Newsletter: 

https://www.eurail.com/en/plan-your-trip/stay-updated-email

Price:

Very unlikely that there will be another prlce increase the next few months.

Thank you for the prompt response.  Another question, so should I just go ahead and purchase my tickets?

No, you should wait for a possible promotion if you don't need them now. (I thought this has been your question before.)

But maybe you didn't ask what you wanted to ask?  

If your question was "Another question, so should I just go ahead and purchase my reservations?" then the answer is: yes, you should (for popular connections).

The pass is your ticket. But you need to buy reservations for trains where it's mandatory. These may sell out.