Solved

Discounts Interrail and Eurail passes

• 11 March 2022
  • 7 replies

Hi! I'm currently planning my 3-month Interrail trip trough Europe and I'm planning to buy an Interrail Global pass (because I'm from Europe). I'm making an overview of all the discounts that apply to the countries I'm visiting. But in some of the descriptions it seems like you can only use an Eurail pass to get the discount.

For example:

Grimaldi Lines(boat):

Grimaldi Lines offers a variety of routes to choose from – travel to Greece, Spain, Italy and its magnificent Island of Sardinia. Admire the spectacular shores of Europe, as you unwind on the deck of the ferries run by Grimaldi Lines. Dive into a world of entertainment and comfort with a range of facilities on board. To shorten long journeys between countries, choose this quick and comfortable ferry trip. Eurail Pass holders get a 20% reduction on ship passage and 10% discount on accomodation (cabin, berth , pullman seats).

Does anyone know if I can still get this discount with an Interrail pass? Or is it only for Eurail passes?

Greetings Lazise:blush:

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 11 March 2022, 11:04

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It looks like you're looking at the Eurail website. For Grimaldi, check this page.

But discounts are (almost?) always the same for Eurail and Interrail.

I was looking at the Interrail website, but the page you sent me is very helpful! Thank you for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I was looking at the Interrail website

In that case, do you have the URL? Some corrections seem to be necessary.

This is the URL: https://benefitsportal.eurail.com/benefits/grimaldi-lines/

I see that this is actually the Eurail website, but I actually started on the Interrail website. When I searched for the benefits the website sent me to this page: https://benefitsportal.eurail.com/?

Yes, I think that they need to add that you can also use the Interrail pass, because it really confused me. There were more discount descriptions that did not include the Interrail pass, only the Eurail pass. (but also a lot of the descriptios included both passes)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Nanja, is this benefits portal meant to be for both Eurail and Interrail? if so, then the texts should be checked that they all mention both passes and not just one. In case only one of the passes qualifies for a discount, it's a good idea to mention that explicitly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Do not expect too much: most of these discounts are also in general for any junior/senior and sometimes even higher then (NO, you cannot add the 2!). PLus that most places that offer ´discount´ are the more expensive ones-there are most often ALTernatives that are cheaper in total endprice. THis applies f.e. to nearly all such hoStels etc. Or if you really like some place-just use google for ´discount for X´ and see what it lists.

F.e. ANEK/Superfast ferries from IT to GR offer even 30% discount of the fare (EXcl. all kinds of taxes!!). It is usually sufficient to write like Eurail/INterRial on the line that asks for discount codes on online booking forms.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi rvdborgt, the benefits portal is for both Eurail and Interrail. I will have it checked and adjusted. Thanks for flagging.