Solved

DiscoverEU; Turning an individual into a group pass. How?

• 23 June 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi, I got an interrail pass with discoverEU, I applied for myself only, but it turns out that I am going to travel with someone. I saw on the DiscoverEU help website that it is possible to change from an individual to a group pass. I was relieved however I feel like I might have understood it wrong. Is that something I can do, and if yes how do I proceed ? Thanks in advance, help would be much appreciated. :)

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 23 June 2022, 23:35

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You need to check this with Discover EU.

https://europa.eu/youth/discovereu_en

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I think this only mans that several passes can be loaded on 1 fone-and that thus only 1 time is enough to load trips etc. It does NOT mean you get another free pass or any other benefit in not having to pay. It makes it also a little bit easier in some situations to make REServ to ´sit together´ as apparently this seems an awful threat to some. After all you did not go to travel to meet others-only stay with your known group. But OTOH this is understandable for juniors of 18 (n this programme) who may even have never gone over the border alone.

However-if your friend has already a pass, this is loaded on her/his fone and this can only be transferred by customer service-for obvious anti-fraud measures.