Solved

Do I need a paper pass as a backup and how to change date of birth for one of the travellers

• 8 September 2022
  • 4 replies

• Right on track
  • 4 replies

I reside in Canada and will be travelling to Europe with family on October 2nd on 7 day euro rail global pass. I have two questions.

1. is mobile pass sufficient to travel to multiple destinations? how do I also request paper passes? (as backup just in case there are issues with mobile pass) 
  2. How can I change the DOB for one of the travelers. I tried changing it through my account but when I click edit, it is greyed out.
icon

Best answer by Al_G 8 September 2022, 16:15

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

You can’t have a backup paper pass, the choice is either one or the other and as you have already bought the mobile version the best advice is to be careful with the security of your phones (and other property) when travelling.

If the DOB is just a digit wrong then it shouldn’t be a big problem.

You can contact Eurail customer services to get help with this https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Just answer your question on multiple destinations with a mobile pass. It has exactly the same range as a paper pass.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@2-of course one cannot change DOB.

There is often a reported prob with those from over the ocean-it sets to CET time-makes 1 day difference, dep. on what time in CA you do it.

BTW_ I am now on day 26 of a 3-month pass and have visited 8 countries now-did not travel every day. Noone till now has asked for ID-so also noone checks birthdate. Nor did anyone ask for it using a 10D in 2M pass last spring.

Badge +5

It is unusual for ID to be checked. The only time this year was in Switzerland on an SBB train where they checked the name on the passport definitely not date of birth.