Solved

Do I qualify for the youth pass if I am 28 AFTER my trip?

• 4 January 2023
  • 3 replies

I was born in 1995 - which makes me 28 in 2023. Do I still qualify for a youth pass as long as I purchase and use it before my birthday at the end of the year? I.e. if my birthday is on the 11th of December 2023, could I still purchase and use the youth pass for travels starting and ending before the 11th of December? 

TLDR : Does Eurail consider the year you were born in or the specific date to determine your age?

icon

Best answer by Schelte 4 January 2023, 12:58

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

"You can use a Youth Pass if you're aged 12 to 27 on your first travel day." So even if your first travel day is - in your case - the 10th of December you could use a youth pass.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Its even more magic: even if you wanted it you can now only buy a junior pass-thats how its all programmed. IF you would want to use promotion for a pass to use later as normal adult, it would not be possible-nor would someone be able to who turns 60 later in the yr

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Its even more magic: even if you wanted it you can now only buy a junior pass-thats how its all programmed. IF you would want to use promotion for a pass to use later as normal adult, it would not be possible-nor would someone be able to who turns 60 later in the yr

This is not correct. While it seems indeed that a bug prevents 59 year olds to purchase senior passes (even if they only intend to activate them when they turn 60), that error does not occur for 27 year olds trying to buy adult passes. You can chose whether you buy a youth pass (activate at the latest December 10th - noting passes bought during this sale can only be activated until 11 months from now) or an adult pass.