Solved

Documents for foreign person

• 13 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi!! I am spanish citizen living in Chile. I am married to a chilean and we both reside in Chile. We are considering and interrail trip but I'm unsure if my husband, being a foreigner and not residing in Europe, can travel with me. Could you please advise us on the necessary documents? Thank you very much."

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 13 December 2023, 22:08

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can buy a Eurail pass. You need to be able to show that you live in Chile, with a document issued by a government proving your residency.

From the booking conditions:

Residency can be proven by means of official residence documents issued by the government, on paper or in digital format. This must be a document that clearly proves that the Customer is registered in the country where they live.

A passport is enough? or do we need a resident document? so i can travel with my spanish passport and he with his chilean passport? thank you very much, this help me a lot

The last question, then i will buy the interail and my husband the eurail? Thank you so much!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

If you buy Interrail you’ll be limited to 2 travel days in Spain. However you are entitled to Eurail but you should bring a resident document proving that you live in Chile (in practice staff never asks for passport, except for checking whether names match on rare occasions).

Your husband can simply get Eurail.